P2A00 Error - Bank 1 Sensor 1 location?

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
nige1
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by nige1 »

Hello,

I have a 07 plate Qashqai 2.0 DCI - I have the amber warning light on and the error code is P2A00 Bank 1 Sensor 1 - I'm trying to find where this sensor is located? Is it this one - see attached pic?

Thank you in advance...

IMG_2394.JPG

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Not sure what you're showing, but I would have thought that error indicated the pre-cat O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold (or its wiring).
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
nige1
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by nige1 »

Hello, Is that the up stream or down stream? My pic was from the top of the engine bay - according to Haynes Manual I need to access it from underneath?

Also I spoke to a chap at a local garage and he thinks it might be my DPF blocked rather than the sensor? What are your thoughts?
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

nige1 wrote:Hello, Is that the up stream or down stream?
Hound wrote:...the pre-cat O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold (or its wiring)

sensors.jpg

nige1 wrote:Also I spoke to a chap at a local garage and he thinks it might be my DPF blocked rather than the sensor? What are your thoughts?
Certainly worth a try before mucking about with expensive sensors and then finding something else is causing the problem. Fault codes are often a bit vague. I've read praise for TerraClean agents when it comes to dodgy DPFs - http://www.terraclean.co.uk

(I'm not a mechanic - I'm just offering what I found in the service manual.)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic