1.6 DCI - Steering wheel groan & 1st gear judder

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
unclened
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by unclened »

Hi all,

I'm hoping for a little bit of advice here. I have a 2013 QQ+2 1.6DCI and starting to notice a few issues:

1) Steering wheel groans and makes a rhythmic knocking sound when under light to moderate steering pressure like going around a roundabout or turning a corner. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to be worrying.

2) Car has started to judder slightly in 1st gear when pulling off. Car has done 55k and isn't thrashed about at all and I'm really hoping its not a new clutch or DMF job :(

I have both booked in to my local independent garage (who I trust), but I am wondering how easy these jobs are to diagnose? I read that 1st gear judder can sometimes be a symptom of the hydraulic fluid linked to the clutch? I want to make sure my garage don't overlook this when they diagnose the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

The first question? Is The noise Like you blow in a bottle?

My car 2014 has this Sound, an The dealer dosent know What to do
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Unclened, your first issue sounds like either loose, worn or unlubricated cv joints.
Aanonymoss, you’ve asked this question before months ago. It is difficult to understand fully what you mean, and previously you were asked to provide a video to show your problem, however you didn’t do this, which makes it near impossible to provide you with any form of help or advice.
Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

The Sound cant be recorded On a video.
Is very hard to hear when is been recorded because The 1.6 DCi engine make a lot of noise.

Could my problem be The steering wheel automatic?