JJ10 4x4 Vibration mainly in 2wd! 40-60kph

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
ACassidy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by ACassidy »

Hi, first time here :) and a novice to the inner workings of any car.

I have 2008 Qashqai+2 JJ10 Petrol Auto CVT 4x4 with vibration at 40-60kph (25-40mph) only. Vibration is under seat, steering wheel and gas pedal. worse on drivers side LHD. The vibration kicks in on acceleration. power through this range then everything is totally normal. break under this range and everything normal.

What's different with mine (from what I've read on here so far) the vibration is a lot worse in 2wd!! 4wd drive is just ok, a lot less vibration in the 40-60kph range and nothing to really write home about. In both modes car is totally fine in idle, cold and outside this speed range.

Ive had mechanic check tyres, brakes, main centre drivehaft, barings and CV joints, all normal. Little play on front CV but nothing abnormal.

He changed both transmission box oils. The front box was very bad and low on oil. This could be the biggest clue to my problem.

Mechanic says its maybe at the rear but i think it directly under my feet in centre of the car.

Any help, greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Andrew Cassidy.

ACassidy

Post by ACassidy »

Further note: when I accelerate up until the vibration and while vibrating I shift from drive to neutral the vibration continues. Its no better or worse. Does this then point to wheels and eliminate driveshaft?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Drive shafts rotate with the wheel rotation.
ACassidy

Post by ACassidy »

Thanks. Im really learning as I go here. Still looking at sources and it seems my case is speed related vibration. Anyone know where to look first? Im obviously hoping wheels but is this a well known issue with qq and or maybe the +2 variant that I should already know? Thanks again.
Deleted User 3871

It should be quite cheap to get your wheels rebalanced. You could also ask for the guys to check for buckling etc. Its easy to see this when they are spinning the wheels during balancing.
ACassidy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 pm Thanks. Im really learning as I go here. Still looking at sources and it seems my case is speed related vibration. Anyone know where to look first? Im obviously hoping wheels but is this a well known issue with qq and or maybe the +2 variant that I should already know? Thanks again.
dani87

Post by dani87 »

It sounds to me like a front drive shaft cv joint or the diff bearings in the box.
ACassidy

Post by ACassidy »

Thank you folks, much appreciated. I will pass these back to the mechanic that's been looking into it.

Are CV joints replaceable on the Qashqai? I seen somewhere they were stamped into to the driveshaft therefore irreplaceable and new driveshaft would be needed?
Deleted User 3871

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?rmvSB ... 0&_fosrp=1

link did not work after i copy and pasted, just search ebay for "Nissan qashqai reconditioned drive shafts"

https://www.driveshaftuk.com/driveshaft-and-cv-joints

A starter for 5
ACassidy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:15 pm Thank you folks, much appreciated. I will pass these back to the mechanic that's been looking into it.

Are CV joints replaceable on the Qashqai? I seen somewhere they were stamped into to the driveshaft therefore irreplaceable and new driveshaft would be needed?
ACassidy

Post by ACassidy »

Got the car booked in on Monday with Euromaster to recheck break work and have wheel balance done. Def feeling vibration whilst breaking too at all speeds above 20kph, Breaking only felt in steering and gas pedal. For me everything def points to the front end. Gears and engine sound and seem fine (I hope). But it is worrying vibration is at lowish speeds not upper highway speeds.

Anyway will eliminate these Breaks and Wheel Balance first and maybe they spot something different on Monday too.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

*Brakes*