Qashqai general reliability

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Thegrandad46
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Thegrandad46 »

I hope I don't jinx myself by replying,but I've been running my 07 1.6 petrol for just over 3 years ,I bought it cheaply with the intention of selling it on ,I drive it for a while and preferred it to my brand new EcoSport Titanium X ,I ended up keeping it and selling the Ford .I can honestly say it has been the best car I have ever owned ,regularly dies a 500 mile round trip ,is used as my work van,my family car,my dog bus, I've had the rear seat out and slept in it ,ferried motorcycles all over the country in it ,lugged the grandkids and their bikes and paraphernalia about all over in it the list goes on ,it's not the quickest car in the world but the torque makes up for that and makes it great in the real world,regularly do nth Yorkshire to Kent and back on a tank of fuel £72 worth ,in comfort .Yes it's needed consumables ,tyres,disc, bearings etc and I suspect she will need a clutch soon but I would not think twice about going out now and filling her up and driving anywhere I needed to go 👍