Tow Bar Help Needed!!

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

hi DaveBerlin,
sorry about the delay, been away with no wifi, here is the information I sent son-in-law as he wants a towbar:
I actually paid £420 to have detachable and fitter recomended 15 pin wiring which swings away under the car when not in use, the only difference is I cannot use the towing hook/eye on the rear as the whole bar was replaced so no drilling or cutting

http://www.northeasttowbars.co.uk/ Contact 07914658854

Towbars explained: https://www.pfjones.co.uk/towbar-types-explained.html

We were quoted £320 Including all wiring and fitting for a swan neck tow bar, we paid the extra a detachable tow bar so it is not sticking out when not in use

There are options for car specific wiring

fitter did an excellent job, came to the house and worked solidly for about 4 hours, even refused tea/coffee, then demonstrated connecting towbar to the car

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Conrail, Many thanks for the information I will take a look at that - Dave 👍 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
conrail

Post by conrail »

got the detachable towbar because fitting company stated it might interfere with rear sensors, no problem with sensors at all
sent the details Dave, did you get them?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Conrail, got all your facts as mentioned above, copied, read and noted - Thanks again Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
conrail

Post by conrail »

sorry Dave, had a senior moment, read your post but for some reason it didn't sink in, (usually only happens with the wife!!!)