Calipers

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Dellowman

Post by Dellowman »

I should be collecting a 2010 Qasqai tekna this morning for my partner.However the dealer called yesturday to tell me it would not be ready as Nissan had notified them that this model had a problem with A ...I stress A Caliper and that the part will be fitted on Monday ready for collection.My q's are.Is there a problem with 2010 car calilpers?if they are changing a caliper should they not be replacing a pair?If they are replacing them should they also replace the discs and pads as wall.The car has 36,000 on the clock and they said it would go through the workshop and have a full service ,valet etc etc before I collect.The front discs did show an acceptable wear but the pads looked low.The salesman said they would be changed if required by their tech depot during the safety check.What do you think?

pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

you should ring a dealer quote the reg and Vin ( on your purchase doc) and ask if there are any recalls or advisories ( choose your words carefully ) re brakes /timing belt etc .....any dealer will do pistnbroke2013-04-07 13:40:39