Can’t Open The Doors

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
gazjenks
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by gazjenks »

Hi...

I’ve seen a few posts about this, but haven’t seen anyone post a solution.

Basically, my keyfob has stopped working and I can’t get into my 62 plate Qashqai. I’ve been using the spare key, as the original one stopped working about a year ago. I tried changing the batteries but this didn’t work.

I had a Recovery Team out. They couldn’t fix it.
I took it to the dealer (Evans Halshaw) and they wanted nothing to do with it.
Now it’s at Nissan and they don’t seem to know how to fix it either, but are charging me through the nose to look at it.

Any ideas?

davewuf
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by davewuf »

hi mate
i’m having the same problem,sorry i can’t help you,one guy on here took his car in to nissan i believe and they said it was to do with the ignition barrel and so he had it replaced at a cost of something like £460 or there about,it cured it but he had also had problems where the key got stuck in the ignition as well,i bought my car 8 weeks ago and the fellow told me that the drivers door froze in the cold weather and it would not open with the fob so he had to use the key manually,after that it hasn’t worked since,i took it to a car lock smith who couldn’t get it to work either,i have been on the net since i got the car and although a couple of people have mentioned the freezing problem they never give the answer,it’s so frustrating but i will keep looking and if i find any answers i will get in touch.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I replied to that thread. The guy overpaid by a huge amount. I found a local garage that speciallised in door locks & it was around the £100 mark to replace the barrel.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6568&hilit=barrel&start=10
davewuf wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:03 am hi mate
i’m having the same problem,sorry i can’t help you,one guy on here took his car in to nissan i believe and they said it was to do with the ignition barrel and so he had it replaced at a cost of something like £460 or there about,it cured it but he had also had problems where the key got stuck in the ignition as well,i bought my car 8 weeks ago and the fellow told me that the drivers door froze in the cold weather and it would not open with the fob so he had to use the key manually,after that it hasn’t worked since,i took it to a car lock smith who couldn’t get it to work either,i have been on the net since i got the car and although a couple of people have mentioned the freezing problem they never give the answer,it’s so frustrating but i will keep looking and if i find any answers i will get in touch.