New user with split intake pipe

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
h22_dan
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by h22_dan »

Hello everyone , signed up to gather some info on a problem I encountered today.

The car is a 60 plate .5 dci j10b? i was driving along today and lost power , then followed by the red engine light. I acted pretty quick and pulled over almost imediately , upon opening the bonnet it was clear to see the top intake hose had split on the weld , common issue ive come to realise.
called rac out who taped it to get it home , it drove ok home just no turbo , and the engine light reappeared.

My question is will replacing it and resetting the fault be suffice ? ive read some people getting away with it and others not.

The codes that came up on diagnostic are as follows in order

p0833- Clutch switch signal consistency
p1525- Consistent multiplex signals for cruise control/speed limiter
p0202- Cylinder 2 injector control circuit
p0203- Cylinder 3 injector control circuit
p0204- Cylinder 4 injector control circuit
p0101- Air flow sensor information

I asked the breakdown guy if anything about the dpf or turbo came up and he said it all seemed fine , he also said all the codes except the po101 were possibly old ones as the car still ran fine just no boost and they wouldnt have been thrown up for a split pipe.

i then drove back home 25 miles or so trying to keep it under boost around 40to50mph.

so if anyone has had some similar stories or codes , any help as to why or how they got there would be much appreciated

thanks Dan

rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

The split pipe is a mechanical fault and causes random codes for associated affected parts, such as those listed above, which are electrical / sensors - the only things the cpu can determine aren't playing nice

Have a look how much gunk / sludge has built up in the split pipe - this will give you an indication of how much is in other places - in particular the turbo and it's oil feed pipe

Most of the time you'll be OK just replacing that split pipe
h22_dan
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by h22_dan »

thanks rod , I've taken the pipe off and it has some oil residue on but I'm assuming its all normal as I've read there will always be a misting in there , the local motorparts store has one they can get today so I will give it a go and get my mate to code read again , hopefully its all good to go.