Engine rattle after service

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Lbm
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Lbm »

Hi all-1st post here! have a '13 1.6dci tekna 60k that just went under full service at non-nissan mechanic. We've owned the car for last 10k no issues love the car.

After this service there's a rattle/vibration when accelerating/over 30mph up to speed limit and with/without cruise control on.
Live beside a dual carriageway so see issue when engine cold but also up to speed and warm after 20mins driving etc.

Spoke to mechanic and he said might be drive chain (has r9m engine). But didn't have the noise/vibration before went in, anything I can ask him to check or look at myself?

Under carriage, fuel filter/air filter all seem secure

Thanks

paplane

Post by paplane »

Back in the day I took my wifes Ford Ka into the dealer to complain about an engine rattle. After test driving the car with the mechanic and him lifting the bonnet to have a look, it turned out the bonnet pole was not properly clicked into it's plastic clip and was vibrating against the body.

Seems obvious and I felt a complete idiot but in my defence it had the mechanic fooled for a good 5 minutes!
Lbm
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Lbm »

HI Paplane thanks for that, worth note for future, but was fine in this case.

Been told its the wheel bearing needing replaced, thopught might have hit a kerb etc since service but hadnt, so will get it done in next few weeks and see, mechanic says fine to drive as is, just awful noise when driving