Replacing a rear hub assembly

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Willow5
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Willow5 »

Is there a good diy guide for how to replace the nsr hub please for a j10b? I am not sure if mine is 4wd or fwd - how can I check this? Where is the best place to buy a replacement hub? Dealer quoted my £560+VAT which seems very steep!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Willow, take a look on the web and then give places like this a ring, they will most probably help or give you a guide - Dave 😉

https://www.mister-auto.co.uk/wheel-bea ... s5616.html

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/wheel-bea ... 2-j10-jj10
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Willow, if you cant work out for yourself if your car is 2wd or 4wd I would suggest you don't attempt this yourself, pay for someone to do it as it will involve removing items that are safety critical. You should find an independent repair agent (Garage) is cheaper.
Willow5 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:53 am Is there a good diy guide for how to replace the nsr hub please for a j10b? I am not sure if mine is 4wd or fwd - how can I check this? Where is the best place to buy a replacement hub? Dealer quoted my £560+VAT which seems very steep!
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I nearly fell off my chair!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Willow5
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Willow5 »

Thanks all.

@Daewar, I appreciate your input but I have lots of experience mechanically having replaced brakes, calipers and bushes in the past on other vehicles. I just did not know whether the QQ was fwd or 4wd but I know now it is fwd.

@DaveBerlin thanks for the links. Whilst all those bearings will fit, there appears to be a significant difference in price due to build quality I guess? Which brand is better out of FAG and blue print? Which one would come in a genuine OEM Nissan box if I bought from the dealer?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Willow, it would apppear to me that the FAG Product (also INA) is most likely the more expensive and possible the better quality to go for this is part of the German Schaeffler Group a Big Organisation that also supplies the UK Auto Industry. Blue Print appears to supply a cheaper range of products, but who knows what is the best without feedback. The other point is obviously the cost and how deep is your pocket - Dave 😉

https://www.schaeffler.us/CONTENT.SCHAE ... /index.jsp

https://www.blue-print.de/home/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi Willow,

Look under any car for drive shafts going to the wheels, if you find 4 of them there is a very good chance the car is 4WD / AWD. With a single engine car there is also a single shaft going from front to back. Electric cars may not have the front to back shaft as they can have an engine at the front & back like Tesla.

The trick is those shafts that go out to the wheels, count 4 & its 4WD.

4wd.jpg

Tesla

tesla-dual-motors-01.jpg

Willow5 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:40 pm Thanks all.

@Daewar, I appreciate your input but I have lots of experience mechanically having replaced brakes, calipers and bushes in the past on other vehicles. I just did not know whether the QQ was fwd or 4wd but I know now it is fwd.
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Just to press the point, a glance behind the gear lever to check for the switch with 2WD, Auto (4WD) and diff lock clears the issue. ;) Hope the hub change goes well.
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.