2013 noise ??

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Qasgone

Post by Qasgone »

Hello all,

New to the forum but not the Qasquai.

I had a 2010 Ntec till recently until I took delivery of a 2013 tekna.

I have notice a few differences between the two and I afraid to the detriment of the newer tekna.

The thing that is really irritating me is an engine orientated noise,
The dealers have heard it and their technicians state that it is the new engine and the noise orientates from the cam shaft sensors for the valve timing.
This noise sounds to me like a bad bearing on an fan or extractor type air unit you could find on the outside of a restaurant.
Admittedly it is not as loud as they but that is what is sounds like to me, this is only when underway and cannot e replicated at idle or stationary.

It seems to come in around 3500rpm.

The technicians stated that they heard it and thought it was a bit off when they discovered it but state this is how the engine is now built to bring down emissions.

That all may be but I now have a car that makes a undesirable noise.
I doubt I am the first to hear this problem but I can find no other mention of it on the net.

Does anybody else have any experience of this?
I would be most grateful of any information.

Secondly does anybody know how to manually raise the beam height on the HID lights ?

Bazzle

Post by Bazzle »

With the lights there will always be a way to fine adjust/trim but maybe not up.
Is there not a roller switch on the dash?
2010 J10 sll Dualis 2l petrol (ozzie)
jimfin1956

Post by jimfin1956 »

If you look carefully around the headlights you will see two adjusters like on any headlight,they look like large crosshead plastic screws,one adjusts vertically and the other adjusts horizontally,sorry I dont have any pictures,hope this helps.