Nissan Qashqai +2 will be dropped

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Dan

Post by Dan »

The Nissan Qashqai+2 will be axed when the new Qashqai arrives next year.Global product planning boss Andy Palmer confirmed that the company will continue to offer a seven-seat crossover, but said: "We won't do it in the same way."And an insider explained what this means. "The X-Trail will get seven seats; the Qashqai will only be offered with five."The current Qashqai+2 is up to £1,750 more expensive than the standard car, but the rearmost seats are small and suitable for children only.The new X-Trail is expected to be seen later this year, possibly at the Frankfurt Motor Show.The new Qashqai will be built in Sunderland and will be charged with building on the massive sales success of the current car. It was the sixth best selling car in Britain in 2012, with 45,675 finding homes.

tim17

Post by tim17 »

Will this make them rare and push up the price of SH +2's?
Stuartino

Post by Stuartino »

I do hope so!
Took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago, and got to use the 7 seat functionality on Sunday, my grown daughter wasn't impressed at being in the cheap seats, but my grandson loved it.

There will be a significant price difference though between a QQ+2 and an XTrail 7.
Presumably they will make the boot bigger in the standard QQ?