Air con faff

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
JoeMc
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by JoeMc »

Hi. I took my car in for an aircon regas. All was well for 2 days and started blowing hot again. Took it to a garage and they fixed a seal on the expansion valve, regassed and again all was well for 2 days until it was blowing hot (cost €120). This time they said the condenser was at fault. Changed the condenser at a cost of €490! This time cold air was never felt! Now they say the compressor needs changing! Before the condenser was changed it definitely worked because I had cold air.
Am I being led up the garden path with by this garage?? Is it possible they did something to damage the compressor? I am reluctant to part with any more cash but we really need air con here!!
Cheers
2010 1.5 dci N-tec

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Joe, try taking a look in the “Search” Area by entering “Air Con” or the like as there are a lot of comments on Air Con Problems but mostly related to the QQ J11. You might well pick up some information but just to inform you there were major Condenser Quality Problems on the J11 which Nissan agreed upon in the end to replace. We had ours replaced due to the malfunction of Hot Air and it is still functioning well and we have mid 30’s at present, the QQ is more comfortable than the Appt. - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken