LOSS OF ACCELERATION

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
cathy1983

Post by cathy1983 »

LOSS OF ACCELERATIONHi I took delivery of my new Nissan Qashqai 360 20 days ago, I too had traded my Volvo ,though C30R Model. I was thrilled at first with my new 360, but that was short lived, from day i took delivery an intermittent fault was apparent..The EMS warning light was permanently on on the dash, someone at the dealership told me that this was to let me know my engine was "ON".. The the nightmare began, whilst driving the car would lose all acceleration..On the motorway at 65mph it just lost all acceleration power, went into "Limp Mode".. The dash board Lit up like a christmas tree..The only way to regain acceleration was to switch the engine off ..Really easy to do on the motorway..Not enough power to limp to hard shoulder, luckily the road was empty.This then happened daily whilst driving.. All warning lights on on dash.Took it back to the dealers who kept me waiting for over 2 hours and then said it had a faulty acceleration switch..I went away happily believing they had fixed the problem, when on my way home..It happened again !!! I rang the dealer, queried if they had fixed the fault they found, too be told " No, we adjusted the switch, but did not find any major fault ".. No major fault ..A car stopping on the motorway is a major fault.If there had been traffic behind me, a Fatality could have occurred..The dealers were very dismissive and basically told me it was in my mind , that I should call the AA/RAC.. I called the RAC , the tech took less than 20 seconds to replicate the flaw.. The EMS was telling the car that the brakes were applied (No Brake lights came on for anyone behind you )..He also found quite a few issues with the EMS.. RESULT...car deemed UNSAFE and towed to dealers... Nissan are being very helpful..But I went online and found this to be a common problem in Canada and USA with the 360..So please if this is happening to anyone else here , let one another know so that we can make sure this fault does not result in a fatality...I hope to enjoy the car when it is returned, but so far it has been a nightmare and I have really lost all faith in the car.. As a Newbie any advice or similar experiences would be gratefully received..
thanks Cathy