Fault code P1435

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
poolielad
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by poolielad »

Just got this fault code on my qashqai, there is no engine management light on, although I do suspect the previous owner may have done something to stop this light coming on..
Few questions:

I think the fault code is something to do with my dog filter, I was wondering what the cost would be to get this fixed( not by a dealer)?.
Or could it be something else??

Regarding no engine management light, what could he of done to stop it coming on, it doesn’t even come on when I turn ignition on..Or am I wrong and it shouldn’t come on??

The car is a 57 plate 2 litre diesel...

At the moment the car is running fine, but ever so often(it hasnt done it for a few weeks now) when you get up to about 60 to 70 miles a hour, the car/ steering wheel shakes quite badly, but when I take my foot very slightly off the accelerator it stop shaking immediately, but soon as I put it back on it starts again..,

I originally thought is was wheels out of balance but I now know it’s not that.

Any help would be appreciated..

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Looks like a DPF problem and you should be showing a red ECU lamp ..particularly ignition on only.

Heres a vid on it:

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
poolielad
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by poolielad »

Thanks, what would this Ecu lamp look like please???And how can he of bypassed this???

And how costly would it be to get DPF repaired??
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I'm not familiar with the warning light display on your car so:
Have you got the user handbook for this car? If so can you look at the page of warning light symbols (lights) and with just the ignition switched on check which is missing. It would be very difficult to interfere with those lights...but? I think with this fault you would be getting a red and an orange warning light (symbols).

The costs can be quite high because DPF faults have various causes and its starts at about £250. Nissan doesn't do cheap.

The steering shake is usually wheel/steering and suspension related.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta