j10 2x4 vibration at acceleration

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
alonferentz
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by alonferentz »

Dear forum,
I have a nissan qashqai 2010 2x4, 2.0 liters, petrol, automatic CVT transmission, with the following vibration issue:
The car starts to vibrate at low frequency when accelerating at around 40kph and at higher frequency when accelerating at around 100kph.
No vibration at other speeds.
In addition, vibration do not happen when 3 people are sitting in the back seat.
The vibrations are most noticeable on the driver side and only during acceleration.
I have already replaced the following components:
1. Replaced engine holders - Right, left and center (The right one was age damaged).
2. Replaced Right and left CV joints.
3. Replaced Front shock observers with their upper connection holder and upper bearing (Front side left and right).
4. Replaced the transmission oil, with the exact type as in nissan spec. (dual replacement procedure).
5. Replaced Front breaking pads and breaking plate (On the left and right wheels side).
6. I have calibrated all 4 tiers (It was found that all off them where out of calibration).

All above replacements cause the vibration issue to be reduced but not eliminated.
When I change the tires pressure, the vibration point, frequency and amplitude, slightly changes.
I have already saw a 4x4 issue post in this forum that looks very close to to what I have, with 4x4 resolution, but my car is 2x4.
Do you have any suggestions what else to check or replace?
Thank you for reading such long description.

Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

Check your wheels are balanced correctly.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
alonferentz
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by alonferentz »

Thank you for the reply.
I took all 4 wheels for balancing on a tires shop. After the balancing the level of vibrations were reduced, but not resolved.
Do you suggest to try balancing again in another place?
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Balancing on the car may be more effective than off the car.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just so you know what „Off Wheel Balancing” is all about as recommended by Gloucester take a look at this article for reference. Also attached are a couple of articles relating to Steering Shaking / Balancing which also might be interesting - Dave 😊

On-Car Wheel Balancing and Wheel-to-Hub Indexing : https://www.brakeandfrontend.com/on-car-wheel-balancing-wheel-to-hub-indexing/

Why Is My Steering Wheel Shaking? Causes and Solutions : https://www.liveabout.com/steering-wheel-shaking-4570925

The What, Why, and How of Wheel Balancing : https://www.liveabout.com/the-what-why-and-how-of-wheel-balancing-3234378
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken