windscreen wiper coverage

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
dave

Post by dave »

Hi AllWent out in the QQ as passenger,the coverage of the passenger side wiper blade when operated seemed pretty poor,cannot get total clear vision and the sky area is not cleared,cant say i ever noticed this on the RAV but viewing as a passenger in the QQ means at least a third of the wndscreen is not clear,any one noticed this or is it something i have to live with.Dave
jamo

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="dave"]Hi AllWent out in the QQ as passenger,the coverage of the passenger side wiper blade when operated seemed pretty poor,cannot get total clear vision and the sky area is not cleared,cant say i ever noticed this on the RAV but viewing as a passenger in the QQ means at least a third of the wndscreen is not clear,any one noticed this or is it something i have to live with.Dave[/QUOTE]Depends who's driving I guess, not something I'd noticed but will ask the wife next time it rains. Somewhat amazingly, up here in Scotland it seems an age since it last did so.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I find it more or less average to be honest!! Its quite a tall windscreen and the wipers can only stretch so far! Although, the area unswept is not useful in terms of driving so its a moot point really in my opinion. It does not help that the wipers are set quite low down to avoid being seen from the outside and the inside. The wipers cant be any longer either otherwise they would interfere with the seals/hang over the edge.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

So it seem that no one else has noticed and you have to live with it or be the driver of course and adopt the superior position that goes with the title / responsibility - who cares!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.