Injector cylinder 2 p0202

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Kdd5
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006โ€“2013)

Post by Kdd5 »

Hi All
Hope anyone may well be able to help
I have the issue of p0202 on cylinder 2 however injector has been replaced and ecu reset but comes back with same fault.
Injector then swapped from cylinder 1 to cylinder 2 ecu reset same issue.
Auto electrician has been out and checked all wiring with no luck and diagnosed as injector in cylinder 2 however i explained cannot be case as has been swapped with cylinder 1 and the fault does not move which he agreed.
He is returning this week to complete compression test.but i am leaning towards being ECU issue also of which only nissan dealers can program -repair ,not sure if this case or not but they want the whole car and its not drivable.
Anyone out there had same issue or problem please get in touch im at my whits end with it been off road since febuary.

Also its a 2012-1.5 DCI Model.

Thanks

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013โ€“2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Have you replaced all the glow plugs yet or had them checked.
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Not sure if your mechanical know the cylinder numbering is back to front on these engines so usually its cyl 1 on the left hand side when looking at engine from front if vehicle on this engine number 1 starts from the right the gearbox end.
Kdd5

Post by Kdd5 »

All glow plugs have previously been renewed however as you look at engine ive gone from the left being number 1 on the belt drive end
Not no 1 from.other side as your saying as gearbox side i will be giving this a go tomorrow changing over and see if resolves .๐Ÿ‘
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

Happens alot, I take it your doing this yourself? If so then you will need to get all new injectors coded in as the injectors for these engines have slightly different build tolerances so the code on top of each injector needs to be imputed into the ecu in to the correct cylinder. The code tells the ecu that specific injectors flow rate so then the ecu can manage injection correctly. If you dont input this then you can have rough running, more black smoke than usual and possibly produce more soot which will make the dpf fill faster and therefore need regenerating more often which lowers the lifespan of it. Hopefully I havent missed anything.

Also if you have a multimeter you can test each injector using an ohm meter it should be between 150kohms and 250kohms across both pins, and each pin tested against the body of the injector you should have no continuity whatsoever !

Granted some injectors may pass this test as your multimeter is only testing these injector using the internal battery from your multimeter which is 9v. And these injectors run at 150v +, so an insulation tester would be required to fully test the injectors piezo crystal stack.
Kdd5

Post by Kdd5 »

Yes i will be doing myself ithink you may hopefully have resolved after months of climbing the wall i shall upfate here with completed result outcome.

You the man ๐Ÿ‘Thankyou
Kdd5

Post by Kdd5 »

Just another quick one is there a way to get into regen mode with idling as it has been a while since run on a motorway and in all honestly i think could.do with a forced regen.
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

A suitable scan tool will let you do a forced regen but no way of doing it without one unless you take it for a run on the road mate and it will do it automatically aslong as service light isnt on, p2002 isnt set or any other fault codes that inhibit regeneration are set and aslong as regen malfunction counter isnt at 255. Some good scan tools can get this data up but not a generic obd reader
Kdd5

Post by Kdd5 »

Ok cool auto electrician owes me now anyway as he diagnosed injector order same left to right and ran tests on completly the wrong one if run bacwards on these models.
( auto electeician should know better really )
Kdd5

Post by Kdd5 »

And the results are in!!!!!!

Problem has gone with replacement of injector in cylinder number as advised although little weiry when took out for a good run once engine was up to temp had some smoke when pulling awaybfeom roundabout however has now cleared itself and engine is purring like a kitten.
Guessing it may be from where its sat for months and not started and run properly.