1 week/ 1000 mile review

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
TRON2

Post by TRON2 »

Just thought i'd give my review of my QQ to those still waiting and to see if the other owners agree with me, or not!! Got my 1.5 Tekna delivered last friday, just in time for my weeks holiday down to the south coast(I live in lancashire). So i've managed to do 1000 miles in a week. So here's my review. Engine - Very economical, never dropped below 50mpg with a best of 58mpg. Considering the engine is'nt run in till 3000 miles thats pretty good going. Power wise, below 2000rpm there is'nt much, so a lot of gear changing is required. I had a octavia vrs 200bhp before this and was expecting a big slow car. But considering, its not too bad. The gearbox is really good. Ride comfort is excellent even on the 19's. The seats are superb, 5 hours on the motorway without a numb backside!! The interior is spot on, no rattles, the way the instrument cluster does its little start up show is brillant, even the way they're lit up! The sound system is good. The DAB does lose its signal now and again but i guess that affects all DAB radios. All the toys work well. The mirrors seem really large at first, but after a few days you'll wonder how you ever managed with normal ones!! The sat nav is very good - when it works!! We used it every day and within minutes it lost the signal and took ages to sort it self out. It was that bad i bought a map! I've read that its a design fault, they put the antenna's in the wrong place, there is a dealer fix for it, so check yours when you get it, as its affecting all sat nav models. Other niggles, the electric window switches seem like a last minute decision, why they all can't be one touch and lit i don't know. The fuel flap seems rather thin and flimsy, the rubbers round the doors are not one piece, and some of the build quality is poor-the welds on the doors, and the tailgate doesn't sit flush. Saying all that, i love the car, the looks are spot on and its very comfortable to drive. Would i swap it for something else .......no bloody chance!!!
Tronlegacy