Just bought a Tekna - its arrived

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

After having a diesel N-Connerctor and a 1.2 Petrol Acenta , Ive decided to buy a Tekna

Thankfully its got the LED headlamps that I find I really desire having driven one so equipped at night , plus some more tech that my N-Connector lacked , so Im looking forward to taking delivery.

Dont think it was a bad find - 7 months old - 1500 miles , 1.3 160bhp petrol in Vivid blue.

Cant fault its condition and about £9000 cheaper than new.

Just need to get to know all of its toys :D
Last edited by Deleted User 10757 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Buffy, well done nice choice ! Keep us informed with possibly a couple of Pics. Have you got a Manual Box or the DCT Auto ?
It might be worth updating your new QQ Specs just so other members know what QQ you have when you have any questions - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 10757

Ah yes - its a manual .
The auto was a preference - but pretty thin on the ground

Will have to wait until the weekend for pictures I afraid.

To be fair , Im not sure what option there could be , it all seems pretty well specified
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

We have had our new Tekna for about 4 weeks now. As soon as I drove out of the dealers we were both surprised how it accelerated pushing us back into the seats. There is a huge difference between this and our previous 1.2 CVT car. Mpg seems really good as well. Other things noticed are the lights that illuminate and beep when there is a car in the blind spot which is really useful. Sound system also noticeably better. We had gotten a Carwow quote but the main dealer wouldn't give us our required trade in price so we went to another main dealer and asked for his best quote and it was £705 less than the Carwow quote plus free Nissan mats and £20 worth of petrol and we got our trade in price we wanted. No choice of colour so we had to take Pearl black but we have gotten used to it, and I have added chrome door handle covers and SS sill protection plates which I think improves the look. The buying experience was the easiest I have ever had even though the virus is causing restrictions.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Deleted User 10757

Funny you should mention the buying experience !

My preferred dealer on the Service side for their help is WR Davies in Telford - however their sales team are so negative and aloof that I was giving out strong buying signals and I could not get anyone in a room of sales people to engage.

However , Greenhous Shrewsbury were like a breath of fresh air , even if the negotiations were a little strained with little wriggle room , they appear to date , to be quite flexible.
Deleted User 10757

Geordieman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:27 pm I have added chrome door handle covers and SS sill protection plates which I think improves the look. The buying experience was the easiest I have ever had even though the virus is causing restrictions.
Do you have details of the sill protectors please ?
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

From Amazon UK;- Qashqai Mk2 (2014 onward) 5 Seater Sill Protector Kick Plates
Sold by: Lockwood Int
£27.00
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Faye_uk

Post by Faye_uk »

Geordieman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:27 pm We have had our new Tekna for about 4 weeks now. As soon as I drove out of the dealers we were both surprised how it accelerated pushing us back into the seats. There is a huge difference between this and our previous 1.2 CVT car. Mpg seems really good as well. Other things noticed are the lights that illuminate and beep when there is a car in the blind spot which is really useful. Sound system also noticeably better. We had gotten a Carwow quote but the main dealer wouldn't give us our required trade in price so we went to another main dealer and asked for his best quote and it was £705 less than the Carwow quote plus free Nissan mats and £20 worth of petrol and we got our trade in price we wanted. No choice of colour so we had to take Pearl black but we have gotten used to it, and I have added chrome door handle covers and SS sill protection plates which I think improves the look. The buying experience was the easiest I have ever had even though the virus is causing restrictions.
Our new NTec is 3weeks old. It’s back at the dealer just now as the clutch pedal stayed down while I was driving. Apparently it was not attached properly but fixed now.
Anyway, We also noticed that on the settings menu, there is no option now for the alarm system. Is it the same with your s, Geordiman?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Geordiemann / Buffy, I was a bit surprised that Amazon had quite a good selection of stuff for the Qashqai. Although some of it is expensive when compared with say AliExpress and the stuff with long deliveries usually comes from the PRC and in some cases I have cancelled due to very long deliveries - Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Alarm system option? When switching off there is a choice to disable the interior alarm.