Vehicle Information Display

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Happyhouse14
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Happyhouse14 »

Hi,i just bought a Qashqai Tekna and having a couple of challenges with the manual and some of the settings in the Vehicle information display unit, I tried googling these, but no luck, hoping you may be able to shed some light on these .

I did take pictures of both of the issues, but cant seem to attached these to the post, is there a way to add picture in the forum posts? A picture saves a thousand words :)

ECO mode settings
1. in the Vehicle information display (VID), [Display settings], I have one called " ECO MODE settings", which is not described in the manual on page 69, all the other setting are described, but not this one. Any idea what this setting does?
2. When you select it, you get a sub menu with the ability to select " Eco Glow", on or off, I tried both and cant see any difference to the appearance of the VID, any idea what this setting does?
3. The sub menu also has a further "Display" option, when this is selected you get a toggle options between "Pedal Guide" and "Fuel Econ", again I tried both, but cant see what they are doing? Any ideas on the use for each?

Welcome Effect

I read the manual page 70, which describes this setting also in the [Display setting], it advises on how to turn on and off , but doesn't advise what the impact is? There are two options, both can be selected, , the first is " Dial and Pointer", the second is " Display effect", again, I selected both, on and off, but cant see a difference? What do they do and would you have them both on or off or a mix?

thanks in advance for any advice

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Firstly pictures.

If you hit "Full Editor & Preview" you get an option below the input screen called "Attachments" - click on that and then you can "Add files". After uploading the images you can then chose to leave them as attachments or "Place inline" which is what I usually do.

In fact having just tried that, it placed the image at the bottom of the email full-sized in any case!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I haven't had a Facelift J11 and in fact no longer have my J11 so I can't check out what you're looking at in detail.

I'll deal with "Welcome Effect" first. This relates to what happens when you press the start button. - with "Dial and Pointer" moving the display needles to maximum and back. I think the "Display Effect" does a short animation on the central display at the same time. I had both set on in my Tekna.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Now "ECO Mode". The 2019 manual I have covers the ECO Mode button operation on 5-138:

The ECO mode system helps to enhance fuel
economy by turning on ECO functions within the
ECO Meter and modifying engine characteristics to
avoid rapid acceleration.
To turn on the ECO mode system, push the ECO
mode switch. The ECO mode system indicator light
will illuminate on the vehicle information display.
To turn off the ECO mode system, push the ECO
mode switch again. The ECO mode system indicator
will turn off.
• If the accelerator pedal is fully depressed, the engine
characteristics will temporarily return to
normal to give maximum available acceleration.
• The ECO mode system will turn off automatically
if a malfunction occurs in the system.
• Turn off the ECO mode system when acceleration
is required, such as when:
– driving with a heavy load of passengers or
cargo in the vehicle
– driving on a steep uphill slope

I'm not sure which page 59 you're looking at since page numbers in the manual I have are two-part ones.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I've eventually found info on those ECO settings in the 2014 manual! They're not there in the 2019 one!

Capture.jpg

So...

"ECO glow" turns on and off the ECO indicator (*)

"Pedal Guide" - could be anything - perhaps the change-up indicator? Or maybe turning this on or off?:

15. [Press Brake Pedal] warning
This warning appears to remind you that you must
press the brake pedal before you can release the
parking brake. This warning may also be displayed
if the parking brake is activated, but the vehicle is
still rolling back.

"Fuel econ." turns on and off the "Instant fuel economy" display.

* - I have one of these on my motorbike - useless! Goes off if I accelerate, on if I don't
Happyhouse14
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Happyhouse14 »

Hi Gloucester, many thanks for this, I think I have now got my head around ECO mode settings, the glow is a cloud graphic effect in the VID which gets brighter when the car is being driven more "Eco". The pedal is a sliding graphic which shows how heavy you are being with your accelerator pedal, nice and easy makes a long green bar, fast reduces length of bar. I actually quite like this now I get it!

Only other question I had around ECO mode is why you need to switch it on and off from the button on the dashboard control and cant leave it on all the time? I had a juke and this could be left in Eco or Sport or Normal modes. Is this usual on QASHQAI that eco mode needs to be switched on every journey or is a 2020 feature?

I am still gettting my head around the Welcomne effect, your post is very helpful, will have a further fiddle, the impact of changing the selection is very subtle!