ALL-NEW NISSAN QASHQAI BREAKS COVER

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

QaiFan wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:14 pm Finally ... incredibly positive review and test drive of the new J12 QQ models :

Multiple trims are test-driven, Q-tronix CVT as well as MT6 transmissions.

Unfortunately in Dutch, but very professional presentation.
It completely contradicts a.o. the AutoExpress UK preview that seemed much less favourable to me !

Yes he's keen isn't he!

He was in error calling it "Fourth Generation" though - we've had:

J10
J10 facelift
J11
J11 facelift (J11B)
and now J12

So that's either Third Generation or Fifth Generation - isn't it? Or is he omitting the J11B in his calculation?

I'm not keen on the "feature dent" on the lower part of the doors, especially in the light grey one - looks wrong.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

First review: Nissan Qashqai (2021) aims its arrows at the expensive Volkswagen Tiguan

https://tekdeeps.com/first-review-nissa ... en-tiguan/
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, your comment on the Demo Cars. Nissan do supply Demo Models for Nissan Dealer Training, Press and Test Drives. Looking through some YouTube videos many of these QQ have this same German Plate with a Reg. No. BM-NE ????.
There are a lot with just the “Qashqai” or local Dealer Reg. No’s.

These BM-NE numbers are related to German Areas BM : Bergheim, Rhein-Erft-Kreis / NE : Neuss, Nordheim-Westfalen.
What is interesting is that in this area there is a Nissan Center Europe GmbH, Renault Nissan Strasse 6 - 10 Bruehl, 50321 Germany. The Company offers Automobile Services and provides Fleet Management Services. Perhaps this is where the Organisation for these Demo QQ‘s is actually planned - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

New video has appeared.

Positives from the video:
+ good security features even in the base model
+ high comfort
+ attractively priced
+ good workmanship (quality I guess?)
+ sufficiently spacious

Negatives:
- motor could be livelier (140hp version driven in the video)

Overall 4.5/5.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you ilkka, indeed, I had not seen this video.
It allows for (subtitle) translation into a.o. English, but in this case I preferred listening to ther native German speakers because
subtitles were ... terrible.
As you wrote ... quite a few positives.
The underpowered engine ... this type of car really begs for a 2l engine, but unless you live in Germany (no speed limit on the autobahn) ... that 1.3 l engine is going to grant you quite a lot of speeding tickets nevertheless. :evil:
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ilkka, well there definitely appears to be a positive trend to the New QQ. I have just read the weekly German AutoBild Magazin Test Report and I was again surprised how positive the comments on the Tekna + Model were following the recent N-TV report.
Just a few highlighted Comments :
The new design QQ is a vast improvement with increased dimensions for L / W / B and the inside design is more attractive and has more space.
Seat Quality and of Nappaleder, Panoramic Roof, Range of Accessories installed, Electronics, Switches etc, even comments on the quality of the seat stitching.
Impressive and improved Infotainment system, HUD, 12,3” Display, functions from Steering Wheel, CarPlay and Android Auto functioned, positive comment on the large dials of the Navi System making use easier.
Model tested with the 158PS motor and CVT Box, Motor Power Comment was positive, but the CVT comment was that it was better than the DCT which must be a plus. Steering was direct and the suspension hard with the 20” Wheels only with potholed roads.
Please remember the model tested was a Tekna + priced at €40,330 but very well equipped
Overall a very positive Test Report which must be a big plus for Forum members who have already ordered - Good News ! Dave 🤗👍
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ilkka, which Tyres are you going to get the 3 or the new 4 Michelin X-Ice North studded winter tires. You mentioned ALU are you referring to 17” Wheels if yes are they a Std Nissan Design for the new QQ or from another supplier.
The Motor Heater sounds interesting, is this a Nissan special or from another manufacturer for all vehicles. We had on our 1st QQ a Webasto Standheizung which was great, but then the winters started getting very mild here, so now we have not really bothered, but definitely a benefit if required like Finland.
Are you going to install a Front Grill Cover also ?
All these little extras and discounts are nice, Sorry to be Nosy 👃but I am really just interested - Dave 😉🙏
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

DaveBerlin, I believe std Nissan design. The brochure says 17'' aluminum wheel, winter model, Silver. Product number is KB4096U200. The offer doesn't say which one the tires are, but I'd believe they are the new 4. I'm not sure if the motor heater is Nissan special or just generic that fits many models. Not talking about the webasto though, I think they are called block heaters in english. And yeah, most likely will be getting front grill cover when they come available from either Nissan or 3rd party.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

I ordered an AAWireless Android Auto wireless dongle in the US for my new QQ J12. About 90 USD, shipping included. I hope it will work because the Nissan bosh system reportedly had problems with it that might now be solved. Because there are now usb ports in front this wireless dongle is very important. Otherwise the wireless charger pad is useless for Android smartphones!
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

The creator of AAWireless has been good with resolving problems with headunits. Like Mazda units had a lot of problems but now they are fixed.