ALL-NEW NISSAN QASHQAI BREAKS COVER

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:56 pm Malvern_man, if you are really interested in the New QQ I would go. Here was also planned to be the “Premier” Model but it was also a Tekna + well worth a close look at - Dave 👍😉

Hi Dave,

I'm going to look but I won't be purchasing one just yet, my Tenka+ is only 8 months old.

Regards, Chris.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I had a chat with our Sales Guy today and he did confirm that to suit the “Mild Hybrid” System the “New” 1,3L engine has been vastly improved and the CVT is the New Auto D-Step that I mentioned recently and is much improved - Dave 😏
The new J12 mild hybrid system is mated to a refined and reputable 1.3 DiG-T petrol engine that was first introduced in the J11B Qashqai in 2018. This engine has now been improved further for the new Qashqai with 50 newly designed components and Euro6-d full compliance.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you Dave.
Your "Sales Guy" might simply been telling people Nissan Press information, publically available (that you quoted above) ?
I tried to find more information on what those "50 newly designed components" could be, but in vain.
The new CVT is most probably the exact same 'much improved' one in the new 2021 US Nissan Rogue (?) and on that 'Xtronic' I did find some test-drive impressions/assessments on YouTube.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, he might well have but there are Sales Guys & Sales Guys and this one seems to know and get into details - Dave 😏

As stated here are the facts on the CVT and again the Sales Guy mentioned the same improvements, ask your Sales Guy please and see what he states, it would be interesting !
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10811

This is an “Official” Nissan Statement on the “50 newly designed improvements” comments, which guaranteed you will not find :

“The positive impact of the mild hybrid's energy management on CO2 is competitive and the 1.3-litre engine delivers more power and torque than key competitors, making the petrol engine variant a compelling offer. The mild hybrid system adds just 22kg to the overall vehicle mass. When decelerating, energy is recovered through regeneration and stored in the Lithium-ion battery. This charged energy is then supplied during Idling Stop, Coasting Stop (Xtronic versions only) and Torque Assist. When coasting to a stop, at speeds of less than 18kph, and `brake on', the engine will switch off and the stored energy is used to power the vehicle's electrical equipment. This allows engine stop to be extended and fuel consumption lowered as a result.
The mild hybrid system is mated to the refined and reputable 1.3 DiG-T petrol engine that was introduced to Qashqai in 2018. This engine has been improved further for new Qashqai with 50 newly designed components and Euro6-d full compliance.”
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

OK ! ... thank you Dave.
I am really looking forward to the first J12 QQ (YouTube) test-drives that may -or- may not confirm the claims of all these improvements !

BTW As soon as I get my QQ (may be a while though) I will, FWIW, report here my personal observations on driving / interacting with the new J12 QQ.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

New video : J12 Safety, Comfort Connectivity & Driving Assistant

(... had not seen this video befor, IMHO nice overview of most of the new J12 features)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a few more to keep the information flowing - Dave 😃

All-New Nissan Qashqai - My Comfort :

All-New Nissan Qashqai - My Connectivity :

All-New Nissan Qashqai - My Safety :
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I haven't watched the video yet...

Capture.JPG

.... but I quite like the idea of a glamorous "intelligent driving assistant" complete with long ginger hair!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Smiling women with "long ginger hair" and white dolls driving around is great and all, however ...
never have I seen any QQ video that showcased the new QQ digital dashboard NAVIGATION and/or HUD with either Apple Carplay or Android Auto (so I mean ... NOT on the 9 infotainment system display) !
I did see it working with car-builtin TomTom navigation.

However did see 1 video that *might* mean it to be possible ... at least for Google Maps ??? :

For other rather similar -non-Nissan- cars I have seen several Android Auto navigation Apss working (in YouTube videos) on their digital dashboards ... but never for Nissan.
The sales guy told me the system was not yet ready, but I doubt this because it also does not seem to work that way on the US Nissan Rogue 2021.
Since I was hoping to only be using "Waze" (favourite nav app in my country) I would be very dissapointed if this is not possible !
Stupid of me of course, but I was under the impression Waze in HUD and Dashboard would be possible ... might never have bought the QQ otherwise
(loved the idea of having navigation in the 10.8 inch HUD !?) !
Does anyone know or has anyone found proof tghis would be possible ???
Thanks all.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

There have been a few comments recently on the concern of the World Wide question of the lack of Chips. Here is a Beeb / CNBC report with some comments which might be of interest - Dave 😊

BBC News: IBM says chip shortage could last two years : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57105368

Chip shortage is starting to have major real-world consequences : https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/07/chip-sh ... ences.html

Nissan is reportedly leaving navigation systems out of cars that would normally have them.
Elsewhere, Renault is no longer putting an oversized digital screen behind the steering wheel of certain models. Nissan and Renault did not immediately respond to a CNBC request for comment.