ALL-NEW NISSAN QASHQAI BREAKS COVER

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

"... some idiot joining the Motorway tries diving between you and the next vehicle ..."
Dave, in my country traffic congestion on roads is so bad that drivers have no other way than act like 'idiots'.
As I wrote above I do see how assisted driving systems can be truly beneficial in countries with "normal" traffic (are there still many, Canada ... maybe ?).
But I have no idea how even "AI driving" can work around capitals and/or urban road networks where changing lanes is simply inevitable.
The idea is of course sane ... people are fools and thus inefficient drivers and car intelligence will solve this.
But how will these 'intelligent' cars react to those other 'fools' on the road ... rather foolish too maybe ?
As long as you can de-activate those systems it is OK, but European regulations starting 2022/2024 will force manufacturers to
a.o. limit speeds automatically to traffic sigs and GPS location and so on.
I do not think we will have full control over our cars any longer !
In time all this will be inevitable but FWIW ... I am against these foolish measures.
I am not a believer ... near Brussels (Belgium) these automated cars may take you for ... the accident prone drive of your life :-)
[as always ... hope I am wrong]

ilkka

Post by ilkka »

Nissan is showcasing the new QQ this week in Finland. Our local dealer will have the showcase car on friday, so I'll be going there to see it myself in person.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

I wonder whether the delivery of the new QQ (premiere editions and other) won't be delayed for some time because of chip delivery problems !?
Most car companies have been shutting down factories because of this shortage !
Does anyone know wether the Nissan Sutterland plant is affected by this in any way ???
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, last week there were reports of the Chip Shortage Problem at JLR & BMW Mini and Proposed Shut Downs. I would expect that this is now a Worldwide Problem and the US has also been affected inc. Nissan. Attached is a pretty recent write up on the situation - Dave 🥴

Nissan to furlough '800 UK workers' amid chip shortage : https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nissan-c ... 44469.html

“Nissan will furlough around 10% or 800 employees at its UK plant in Sunderland as a global shortage of semiconductor chips slows production.”
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ilkka, should be interesting if not too many people are there. At our Show in Germany they showed a “Tekna +” not a “Premium” and when the Old Brit made a comment it went quite. If you are interested in a particular model I would ask a few questions on it and see if you get answers, it should be enjoyable though - Dave 😉👍
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@DaveBerlin.
Thank you for the link on the furlough of Nissan workers at Sunderland.
In short this means we might not be getting deliveries of the new J12 Nissan QQ or any other model soon / as planned.
Very disturbing news indeed.
I hope Nissan will communicate soon and let us know when(-ever) J12 QQ pre-orders can be expected.
This might mean the end for the Vauxall plant in the UK, maybe even ... Sunderland ???
I even expect the chip shortages to linger on until at least next year as predicted by most companies like TSMC, Samsund and Intel !
Hold on to your beloved QQ I would think.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here we go some more QQ facts from the Daily Mail and a video from the “Beeb” regarding Chips - Dave 😏

Nissan's new British-built Qashqai SUV to start from £23,535 : https://mol.im/a/9529421

BBC News: Microchip shortage: Inside a factory racing to meet demand :
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@DaveBerlin. The above Daily Mail article you linked to must be about the best I have read on the new QQ ! Thanks.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Chances are I won't be getting my new J12 Qashqai delivered any time soon ! ?

Nissan also affected ... big time :
"... Nissan said the chip crisis could cost as many as 250,000 sales ..."

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/05/05/aut ... ccounter=1
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

Lets hope it doesn't affect that much to J12 deliveries.

For me it feels like that I might change my mind with the e-power and get a new J12 sooner. I'll probably go with the 4WD version in tekna+ equipment level. Can't wait until tomorrow to see the car, and test drive it in June when our dealer gets the car for test driving.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof