Triple beeping - Confused

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Sat Nav data is usually months out of date, I have a road that it says to carry on straight ahead but is a T junction where you have to stop and choose to turn left or right, it's not a bend with a road veering off it's a straight road which comes to an end at a junction and has been that way for as long as I can remember. My Tom Tom shows the road correctly, whether it's just part of the latest map or because Tom Tom have "Map Share" corrections which are submitted by users I don't know.Another road which was altered about 3 years ago still tells me to carry straight on when it's now a junction with a right turn.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)

tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

A double beep is normally detection of a speed camera. The triple beep is normally detection of the lane departure. Have you got this feature switched on and does the icon flash on the screen between the speedo and rev counter ?
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I can't recall a triple beep on my QQ but agree with tomo that the double one is for speed camera's you can see the camera on the screen when in the map mode. The beep for camera's is also there even with the map or sat nav turned off which I find very useful as a warning of a camera.I also get the single beep for sharp bends. They are all useful, but my wish is to turn the beep down a little as it is a little on the loud side and there is nothing you can do to reduce it.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="phaedra"]Sat Nav data is usually months out of date, I have a road that it says to carry on straight ahead but is a T junction where you have to stop and choose to turn left or right, it's not a bend with a road veering off it's a straight road which comes to an end at a junction and has been that way for as long as I can remember. My Tom Tom shows the road correctly, whether it's just part of the latest map or because Tom Tom have "Map Share" corrections which are submitted by users I don't know.Another road which was altered about 3 years ago still tells me to carry straight on when it's now a junction with a right turn.[/QUOTE]Quite why this is here I'm not sure but AFAIC the data is updated very quickly. We live in Dundee and are in the middle of a very elaborate upgrade of our Waterfront with new road layouts, re-alignment of bridge ramps etc. All of these changes are constantly being updated on the SatNav, usually within 24 hours.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

[quote="PeterL"]Quite why this is here I'm not sure[/QUOTE]It's in response to Donkeys post, "Ive noticed a couple of times the give way markers on roads that ive
used for years are diffrent to the one shown on the QQ it cant be out of
date the cars months old and the road has been there for years so maybe
its a future road change planned or basicly an oversight on designers"
phaedra2014-07-07 14:31:25
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

[quote="PeterL"][quote="phaedra"]Sat Nav data is usually months out of date, I have a road that it says to carry on straight ahead but is a T junction where you have to stop and choose to turn left or right, it's not a bend with a road veering off it's a straight road which comes to an end at a junction and has been that way for as long as I can remember. My Tom Tom shows the road correctly, whether it's just part of the latest map or because Tom Tom have "Map Share" corrections which are submitted by users I don't know.Another road which was altered about 3 years ago still tells me to carry straight on when it's now a junction with a right turn.[/QUOTE]Quite why this is here I'm not sure but AFAIC the data is updated very quickly. We live in Dundee and are in the middle of a very elaborate upgrade of our Waterfront with new road layouts, re-alignment of bridge ramps etc. All of these changes are constantly being updated on the SatNav, usually within 24 hours.[/QUOTE]
How is this possible then ? The sat nav doesn't update itself. You have to purchase map upgrades as and when they are released from Navteq.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Have to defend Nissan thoughevery sat nav ive ever had makes bloomers not just one eitherThe Nissan is in no way any diffrent, I cant see how the maps on the car can self update in any way unless the SD card is changedJust as some are slated for bieng negative about the car others can be said are blinkered for simply never ever finding a fault and slating those for even pointing out somethingYou can turn the alerts off, I actualy like them to be honest ive got used to themThere safety alerts and the UK have to be the worst kind of safety experts worrying far too much on risks and not noticing the bigger dangers lolThe QQ sat nav is no worse than the others, they all have there moments whatever car you buy or the stick on window onesIf they wasnt so poor you wouldnt see ambulances getting lost and Lorrys stuck under bridges or down tiny lanes
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

At the end of the day most mainstream manufacturers use the same mapping companies. My previous two cars had factory fitted sat navs - New Ford Focus and before that Honda Civic. Both sat navs were out of date when I got the cars brand new, even though they were running the current version of the sat nav software/maps.This is particularly noticeable on the A1 which is now mostly motorway. Where you previously had lots of roundabouts you now have slip roads and flyovers etc. The sat nav would still instruct you to take the 2nd exit at the roundabout etc. even though you were just passing under a bridge.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

worst car for sat navs has to be Volvothey shared it with Ford but it worked in FordsThe volvo was just laughable in both route planning and global positioningSimilar with Google earth my house has no extension built for the inlaws who have been dead 5 years