Triple beeping - Confused

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
StephC

Post by StephC »

Hello, We recently purchased a brand new Qashqai Tekna. Love the car, and it seems to be going great. There is one little thing that has us confused though. Every single time we pass a certain point on the road we live on, the car beeps at us 3 times. It's a 2-tone beep (beep boo beep sort of thing), it happens on a straight road, on the approach to a junction (a side road joining the main road.) We are usually on the main road and carrying straight on, although it also happens if we are on the side road and approaching the main road.It has happened once before somewhere else, but can't remember the specific location. It's about 1/4 mile from our house. There is no change in the speed limit, there are no speed cameras around the area, we pass many junctions that are exactly the same and we don't get the beeping. I've had a quick google and the only reference I can find to a similar beeping is the sharp bend warning, but it doesn't make sense for it to be that. Anyone know what it is? It's not really an issue, it's just a bit confusing. It's all very well having these beeps and warnings etc but not so good if you don't know what they mean Cheers

supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Answer: the junction in question is also the junction of several ley lines, and the beeping is designed to alert you to the proximity of high levels of mother earth energy which may affect your driving performance. This feature was engineered into the Tekna model after the brochure was produced, about the same time as auto folding mirrors were removed. So now you know. ;-)
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

The car maybe warning you of upcoming sharp turns, try to watch the main screen when it happens, it should show a warning triangle with bend and distance.
tekna cvt mag red
StephC

Post by StephC »

No bends in the road between the junction and home. In fact it's almost a straight shot from end of the road to home, at least half a mile with a very slight bend about 300yrds before we get to where it beeps.Have never noticed anything come up on the screen at the same time.Could the GPS have the junction mapped wrong, and it's not actually seeing it as a junction but as a very sharp bend in the road?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

if it happens in same place try going slower and see if the beep works lolmine seems to panick occasionaly at a slight bend if your going faster than the car thinks you shouldAs for auto fold mirrors in brochure they have never been in there, if you read the early brochure it makes you think they are there just remote folding mirrors but its never stated auto folding mirrors I remeber that point simply as when car was first announced a lot of people assumed auto locking doors and auto mirrors were includedBut im sure the triple bleep thats two tone gets set off if your faster than it wants to be and a small bend lol, throw it through the lanes for a few months you can almost make the car panick so much it calls a policeman
Swissmann

Post by Swissmann »

I have experienced it as well. The first time it happened, I was about to turn into my work car park. Second and third time I was on the motorway..... Nothing shows on the dashboard and also on the nissan connect when it beeps....
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

next time glance at the sat nav bottom right hand corner you may see a red sharp bend arrow flast up but its there for literaly seconds
Swissmann

Post by Swissmann »

There is no sharp bend at the car park at my work place. Twice it beeped when I was on a straight stretch of road on the motorway
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Lol Swissman I accept your right there may not be a bend in the road but sometimes and ive no idea why the car seems to believe there is in certain placesI drive within the speed limit (im not saying what side of it) but im no Nigel Mansel I class my driving as progressive I get up to speed quickly and follow the flow of traffic not always what its regulated at but many times I can scare my car into a triple bleepIf you lived close to me there is one part of the road i pass every day slight bend in a 40mph road and im probably around that speed and every time it alerts me unless im driving lower than 30mphits what i would call a gradual slight bend if you wasnt looking at it you would call the road straight as you can clearly see both sides ot the raod for a good distance at all times yet my QQ alerts me whatever the weather day or night to itIve noticed a couple of times the give way markers on roads that ive used for years are diffrent to the one shown on the QQ it cant be out of date the cars months old and the road has been there for years so maybe its a future road change planned or basicly an oversight on designersIve no idea why sharp bend alerts are given, it is far too safety aware, even my wife does not nag at my driving as much as the car does and she give back seat drivers a run for there money
korky

Post by korky »

All I know is the QQ has a beep for everything and anything...can't say I have heard this one tho...