New 2014 Nissan Qashqai spied in UK

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Dan

Post by Dan »

The replacement for the popular Nissan Qashqai will have a more risquA©, avant-garde design and a more sporting driving experience when it goes on sale next year.The high-rise hatchback, test mules of which have been spied in the UK for the first time, is set to receive more powerful engines and a more involving driving experience, Autocar has learned, while its styling is set to keep the car on the leading edge of crossover design."We've become known as "the crossover brand' and we like that," said Nissan product planning guru Andy Palmer. "To continue in the right direction, cars like the Qashqai have to be edgy, left-field, eccentric. We have to depart from the norm. A "Marmite' car like the Juke is exactly what we need. A "me too' car would be a disaster."Palmer references Nissan's 2012 Hi-Cross concept and the 2013 Resonance concept as guides to how the new Qashqai will look a€” but he points out that both show cars were larger than the Qashqai will be."Like those concepts, it'll have a very bold, aggressive, sharply cut look," he said. "While Infinitis are becoming more natural and organic in their design language, Nissans will look more and more technical and mechanical."Autocar's sources suggest that a slightly toned-down version of the Resonance concept's headlamps and grille will appear on the Qashqai, as will oversized headlamps and eyebrow-like bonnet ridges. Wave-like body sides can also be expected and, further back, upswept C-pillars.Continue reading at AutoCar: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... i-spied-uk

911qq

Post by 911qq »

I like the camouflage look. Hope it stays like that.
Bunce

Post by Bunce »

I could do with that padding when I park in my local ASDA car park!
rallyfan555

Post by rallyfan555 »

LOL - Some pics I've seen look a little Juke like, it will be nice !
never give up
SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

That's nothing...my mate Neil, who used to be a famous movie star (surely you remember Rhino Neil?) spotted the new zero emissions Electric QQ in Hyde Park last week...he sent me this photo as proof