Nissan extended warranty.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

A RAC extended warranry is always a good idea, but I am always afraid of the famous ... also 'extended fine prints' !
But I guess *any* extended warranty is far better than no warranty at all.
I would only do it for peace of mind (that again being my personal opinion).

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I'd have rung another dealer. That wasn't mentioned to me.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Huntsman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Huntsman »

Have to say that I looked into this quite deeply and could never be sure that any warranty would definitely cover the 1.2 engine oil loss problem or the CVT gearbox so in the end I had no real option other than to change the car. It was a hard decision to make but I am so happy that I made it. The stress has gone from my life and the new car as you can see is still a Qashqai is far better than the one I no longer own.
That said, I do appreciate that some owners are not in a financial position to make that choice. So, whatever choice you make I hope it works out for you.
QQ/J11B - 2020 1.3 Dig-T 160 DCT N-Connecta , Ink Blue. 19" alloys
Prev. QQ/J11 - 2015 1.2 Dig-T Tekna, Storm White. 19" alloys.
calmac
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by calmac »

Thanks Huntsman...normally I would have gone for a change of vehicle but have personal circumstances that make it difficult at the moment.
What I can't understand is the reluctance of dealers to keep present and previous customers sweet by offering some sort of service or even an idea that they are interested in you. I lost the chance to insure with Nissan because they didn't tell me I needed to renew a month in advance. That is after eight years buying from them, service plans and repairs from them.
As I've said elsewhere I may have to look for another company which shows some sort if interest in the customer.
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

@calmac "gone for a change of vehicle".
The 1.2 engine + CVT is not always ... doomed, is it ?
I have also read 'success stories' here and elsewhere ... best car ever etc.
People who have had serious issues are, of course, very vocal about it, but from, maybe the (large) majority, you may never hear or read a thing !
Fingers crossed.
calmac
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by calmac »

I do so hope you're right Qaifan. I love the car. If it lasts another year I'll probably get another petrol auto from a different Nissan dealer.
..and if that sounds confused, I am!!