Squeak at low speed?!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
vixcrack
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by vixcrack »

Hi guys I have a 2015 nissan x trail, 1.6 diesel manual. I know the forum is for the qashqai, however they share a lot similar with the xtrail. Issue I'm having is that I hear a squeak, when driving at low speeds, mostly when it has been raining. I don't notice this when the weather is dry, so not sure if this is related. Anyone else with same issue? Mine has done just under 100.000 miles.

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I won't know the answer but it might help others if you point out from where the squeak is emanating.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
vixcrack

Post by vixcrack »

gloucester wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:38 pm I won't know the answer but it might help others if you point out from where the squeak is emanating.
Thanks, the squeak seems to come from the front wheels...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome ! could it be a Scored Discs / Pads / Rust Problem when wet ! I would suggest that you could take a look on the UK X-Trail Forum if not already done or give the Web a Search - Dave 😉

Nissan X-Trail Squeaking from Front Wheels - Google Search ! or https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
vixcrack

Post by vixcrack »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 am Welcome ! could it be a Scored Discs / Pads / Rust Problem when wet ! I would suggest that you could take a look on the UK X-Trail Forum if not already done or give the Web a Search - Dave 😉

Nissan X-Trail Squeaking from Front Wheels - Google Search ! or https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk
Hi many thanks. After being on that forum, I am unable to register, have emailed the site admin. I'm baffled with my problem. Took my car to main dealer, they changed the brakes and discs and the sound remains and they have now told me, they cannot findout where the sound is coming from. Have attached a link of the problem, in the hope that someone might now.
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

That sound exactly like brakes mate, at the end of the recording the squeek changed tone , I'm assuming it changes pitch when you brake?
vixcrack

Post by vixcrack »

lewisbryant wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:23 am That sound exactly like brakes mate, at the end of the recording the squeek changed tone , I'm assuming it changes pitch when you brake?
Hi the sound happens even when I'm not compressing the brakes, with the car just going at under a speed of under 15miles. Nissan did put in new brakes and pads, front so could this be the back?. Also there is a soft thud sound I hear and feel, when I accelerate in gear 1 and 2,for which nissan believe its just engine mountings that have come loose, but now not sure if its related. Very disappointed to say the least with nissan, as the sound gets very loud, especially in closed roads.
vixcrack

Post by vixcrack »

So with all the issues, I've had with my Glyn Hopkin garage, I have decided to send through a complaint to Nissan. Anyone, done this before and is it worth it or a waste of time?. So in my situation, was told that the squeak I was having, was coming from non manufacturers brakes, and these needed to be replaced. Since then, the sound has not stopped, and now the manager of the branch, is not responding to my emails for support,even though he does acknowledge the squeak is still there. Where do I escalate this to please? Nissan or Glyn Hopkin? Anyone ever complained before and what was your experience please?
Also noticed another sound, and when I simultaneously compress the clutch and accelerator, only in gears one and 2, I hear a soft clunk sound from under the car. Could this be linked with the squeak? This clunk only happens when I change gears one and two?.