Car dead again - could it be a 'NATS security warning light'

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Ollie75
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Ollie75 »

Hi, I have a 2018 (68) Quasqai teckna + with a manual gearbox and a 1.6 petrol engine. After recently having problems with the battery where it went into Nissan and they had issues with software my car is dead again about 4 weeks later. Last time when the car wouldn't start I did get lots of clicking but the battery was so dead that the recovery guy had troubles starting it. Nissan said it was now all fine. Today I got into the car having used it two days ago and there is nothing. The remote will open the door but when I try to start it all I get is a red light which, looking at the handbook, may be a NATS security warning light. Anyone had this before and could this still be linked to the battery? The problem is that I haven't got time until the weekend to get a recovery guy to come out so I have had to borrow a car. The car is still under warranty but once the showrooms are open I am getting rid and waving goodbye to Nissan. Any thoughts gratefully received but please don't get too technical as I haven't a clue! Thanks

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

The failing Battery issue is/was common. Easy fix and finished right there. After that its about battery charging related to use...too many short journeys for instance.

What software issues were they dealing with?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta