Ride comfort and quality opinions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Kelly80
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Kelly80 »

Hi all after some advice/opinions - let me explain.....

I recently purchased my first SUV, being a Mokka X 2019 model. I am really struggling to get used to the ride which I find very uncomfortable around town. It is really bumpy and gittery and even the smallest pothole or bump in the road sends a shudder through the cabin! I have had it inspected and suspension, tyre pressure etc is all fine (well tyre pressure was reduced but made little difference).

I have only had it 3 months but I am seriously thinking of cutting my losses and selling it and buy another SUV or reverting back to a decent sized hatchback.

What is the drive like on the Qashqai (looking at models 2017 upwards)? My concern is that this type of bumpy ride is a character of the SUV and I may just end up with the same issue. If it's not - and the Qashqai is worth considering any recommendations on models/trim? I mainly do urban town driving, no more than 5,000 miles per year.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Kelly, firstly welcome to the Forum ! I have attached just as an example an old post which I am sure if you use “Search” you will find more. We have had 19” Summer / 16” Winter on our 2014 QQ and now have 19” Summer / 17” Winter on our New QQ. I must say I have never really complained about any of these combinations and the Mrs. does suffer from a Back Problem and no comments from there also. We live in Berlin and the are a lot of the Old Cobble Stone roads hear from the when the Berlin Wall was up, now these can get a bit uncomfortable. Basically it is all down to personal preference, Medical issues, Age etc before buying give the model you choose a good road test. We do around the same mileage and if the money is there go for a Tekna or just below if you want the Bells & Whistles. There should be Offers around due to the Launch of the New QQ, here at present 25% so look around - Good Luck Dave 👍😊

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10661
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Kelly80

Post by Kelly80 »

Thank you Dave - very useful. Having read some QQ reviews it would appear the ride quality and smoothness is a strong point. Stay safe in Berlin
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

What model do you have ?

Tyre profile can make a huge difference , with the top end cars riding on 19 in wheels.
My preference is 18 in for a compromise between sharpness and ride.

Have you checked to see if there are any transit blocks in place that might have been missed at PDI

Another possibility is seized suspension components ?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Kelly80, when you take a test drive in a QQ you could ask the Sales Guy for his opinion also, but double check the Service History and Model Type (Seating). Here are a couple of facts on Seats which you could take a look at. Regarding Suspension, Steering etc. in 6 years of QQ driving I have never had problems and the roads here are most probably on a par with the UK, full of holes - Dave 😏

This is from a Nissan QQ Brochure but not the New one just released :

B5CDC7EB-733F-4818-8D99-6592DB7F4337.jpeg

Nissan Design Technology :
Zero Gravity Inspired Car Seat | NISSAN | TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES : https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNO ... _seat.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Kelly80

Post by Kelly80 »

Thanks Dave - those seats look so nice I think I would just buy some and use in my living room!

To be fair, the seats in the Mokka are not great quality, they are okay, but I think a seat that is a bit more 'hugging' would help with the bumpy and at times wobbly drive.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum - a quick Google shows you're not alone:

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answ ... e-comfort-
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Phill57

Post by Phill57 »

Hi Kelly,
I would just like to add MHO.
I purchased a Tekna model with 19 inch wheels last September. For the three years previous l had a Honda HRV EX model. I also have driven a Moka X in that period.
I find the all-round comfort to be far superior to both.
The ride being far more compliant and much less jarring to either.
I hope this helps with your decision.
QQTekna 1.3DiG-T, 160 DCT in Ink Blue 8-)
Yanto

Post by Yanto »

Kelly, I took delivery of a new Qashqai 1.3 N Motion with the 19" wheels last Saturday. I had read all the reviews etc online and I was put off by some people saying it is a hard, lumpy ride. But I must say, I was impressed with the smooth ride even on bumpy roads and I have a bad back myself. One reason why I changed the car from a mk3 Focus was because of knee and back problems getting in and out. The leather seats are really plush and comfortable too.
2021 Nissan Qashqai 1.3 DIG T, N-Motion. Gunmetal Grey.