Diamond cut wheel refurb or powder coating

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qaifan, I believe I mentioned this recently. If you want to protect your Rims then go for “Rim Protection”. When we ordered our Tekna + it arrived with Dunlop Tyres from the UK and on investigating I found that the Michelin Sport 4 had the Rim Protection, so I spoke with our Sales Guy and he agreed to change the Wheels with Michelin’s from another QQ 👍😁.
Just some information below that might be hopeful, basically keep an eye out what your QQ has and try to do the same whether Dunlop, Michelin or what ever as 20” prices are on the High Side 😉

This is our Tekna + :

1E02436C-FC18-4872-BEED-37C4AFBD625D.jpeg

From India but only for information :

BC56ACA0-90CF-4DDB-A6F6-DB2595A902E9.jpeg

1518FDEA-610F-48BD-B05F-1E6099CE190C.jpeg

C86499BE-A39F-4E85-8AF8-3785117573BB.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

OK DaveBerlin, didn't know any of that.
I will sure keep this in mind and talk to the dealer before getting the car !
Thanks
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

I had my diamond cut alloys refurbed (diamond cut again) a couple of years ago. I also needed new tyres about the same time, and fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4's all round. The tyres sit slightly proud of the alloys therefore giving the precious alloys some protection if you kerb it! They are a much superior tyre to the Continentals that the car came with, which gave no protection at all. It is certainly worth looking in to if you need new tyres anytime soon. Since having my wheels refurbed I am much more careful when parking, and touchwood, they look as good as the day they were put on.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daddydoug, we had the Continentals on our QQ J11A and never really had a problem but these Michelin’s seem a lot better and have the Rim Protection. What is also worth considering is to Manually use the “Camera” when Parking, I use it every time when Parking alongside Kerbs as they are harder than rubber 😩 - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

When our wheels are damaged or wormed, I will get them sprayed anthracite I think (Blade silver car).

I was told they can be re-diamond cut 1 time, then start to get thinner and weaker. Also advised the heat used in powder coating can weaken the wheels, and saw some photos of a wheel where all the spokes had snapped on a track day.... the owner blamed the powder coating!

With painting in a dark colour, touching in damage later on is easy.
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This subject of Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels being Damaged (Kerbed) or having White Worm Problems comes up often and yes there are shops that can repair by CNC Machining with minimal removal. I Just thought whether these videos would be worth posting for information - Dave 😏

CNC Repair & Wheel Production :
Diamond Cutting Alloy Wheels Refurb Process Huddersfield Go Tints :

Amazing Modern Car Wheel Production Process in Factory. Excellent Produc... :