1st time buyer advice?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

CCG, when I moved to Berlin from the UK in 90 I brought my then MG Metro Turbo (RHD) with me by Ferry. I then contacted the Insurance company my German wife used the VHV here (still with them) and they took into account my 30 years NCD of driving in the UK.
I also pay cash when buying new, but being a Brit I always push for discounts. Also here if you have had Severe health problems you can apply for a “Disability” Card which helps you then to reduce your Taxes and you can also get an extra Discount when purchasing a new car in your own name.
Regarding the Nissan Guarantee I have always got from our Dealer the Nissan Std. 3 Year Guarantee, but then an extra 1 year FOC when buying the car. Here our Dealer also has an Ins. Agent on Site, so it might be worth if available in the UK just to make an enquiry to set you on the right track as a guide - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

CCG, if it is the QQ J12 you are after then definitely you should get a cold beer and sit and read this long post attached, naturally if not already read - Dave 😊
We have the J11B Tekna + / 160PS / DCT 7 Speed Auto, very nice but the New J12 QQ is with the new CVT D-Step Xtronic Auto. IMHO the QQ is reliable the J11A had a few problems sorted under Guarantee but the J11B as yet 18 months old is problem free. ✅

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10300
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Because of possible teething problems and taking the possible risks that go with it anyway, you may get an extra reduction on the new J12 QQ, as I did. I believe you will see that the Tekna plus trim is one very beautiful suv!
Good luck with your decision
CCG

Post by CCG »

QaiFan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 pm Because of possible teething problems and taking the possible risks that go with it anyway, you may get an extra reduction on the new J12 QQ, as I did. I believe you will see that the Tekna plus trim is one very beautiful suv!
Good luck with your decision
That is one of my main concerns, specially taking into account that a new J12 QQ Tekna+ won't be cheap and that I am living in a new country..
CCG

Post by CCG »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:38 pm CCG, if it is the QQ J12 you are after then definitely you should get a cold beer and sit and read this long post attached, naturally if not already read - Dave 😊
We have the J11B Tekna + / 160PS / DCT 7 Speed Auto, very nice but the New J12 QQ is with the new CVT D-Step Xtronic Auto. IMHO the QQ is reliable the J11A had a few problems sorted under Guarantee but the J11B as yet 18 months old is problem free. ✅

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10300
Thanks for both of your posts, I will definitely try to press them to take my ~15yrs experience driving into account 😂

Did you mention that you know someone at a Nissan dealership here in the UK? I might be interested, even if it is not in London! Also I guess that I should go with the cheapest insurer as long as it is a relatively known company

The big question is, how much discount can you expect on a J12 QQ Tekna+ when paying upfront in cash?

PS: reading through the post as well, given that we still have some time to go until they start production here in UK
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@CCG
FWIW ... I got about 15% discount on the J12 Tekna+.
But, of course, this will be different depending on so many variables.

BTW In Belgium it seems possible to (now) get up to 34 % reduction (at "Cardoen, the car supermarket"), but only on the J11b trims.
I did not buy mine there though as I want a genuine Nissan dealer in case of any problems with my QQ (that will sure arise ... sooner or later).
CCG

Post by CCG »

QaiFan wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:14 am @CCG
FWIW ... I got about 15% discount on the J12 Tekna+.
But, of course, this will be different depending on so many variables.

BTW In Belgium it seems possible to (now) get up to 34 % reduction (at "Cardoen, the car supermarket"), but only on the J11b trims.
I did not buy mine there though as I want a genuine Nissan dealer in case of any problems with my QQ (that will sure arise ... sooner or later).
Thanks Qaifan, this is really helful . I want to take it from a genuine Nissan dealer as well. Here in the UK a quick carwow search gets you 3% on Premiere Edition so at least there will be something available to push for.
Nick_Precision
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nick_Precision »

I’m not sure what is the situation now regarding Uk not being in the EU, but before that I know that NCB from European union was Ok with many insurance Companies. It might worth it speaking with insurance broker, they can save you money.
Brand new car I believe is very much risk free purchase, but you pay what you get...
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta J11A
CCG

Post by CCG »

Nick_Precision wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:26 pm I’m not sure what is the situation now regarding Uk not being in the EU, but before that I know that NCB from European union was Ok with many insurance Companies. It might worth it speaking with insurance broker, they can save you money.
Brand new car I believe is very much risk free purchase, but you pay what you get...
Thanks for that! Do you know any insurance broker company here in the UK?