Juddering and sluggish acceleration. Now it won’t start

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Psychomouse
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Psychomouse »

Hi all,

Last week my 2016 Qashqai 1.2 petrol (55k miles) developed a slight rattle coming from my engine at low RPM which disappeared when going above 2200rpm. I got it booked in the garage (who advised it’s probably a heat shield that’s loose) for next week on my next day off. Fuel economy, oil temp and pressures, and performance were not affected.

Last night on the way home from work it developed a judder and sluggish acceleration when going up to and past 2200rpm which got worse throughout the journey. It was fine when under constant throttle.

1/4 mile from home the stop/start system warning light, my traction control and forward collision warning lights appeared on the dash. I arrive home and turn the car off and try to turn it on again and it won’t start. It turns over but it won’t start.

No engine warning lights were present, just non engine related ones.

Any ideas as to if the rattle and the juddering are related and to what the actual problem is?

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

It sounds like a fuelling (combustion) problem that will cause emissions to go out of spec. That will via the ECU raise start/stop and Body Control warnings. There should be error codes (DTCs) raised and which need inspection to accurately identify the problem anyway.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

calnorth wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:09 am It sounds like a fuelling (combustion) problem that will cause emissions to go out of spec. That will via the ECU raise start/stop and Body Control warnings. There should be error codes (DTCs) raised and which need inspection to more accurately identify the problem anyway.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta