New model

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Doogle
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Doogle »

Hi just wondering if anyone has had the J12 for a bit and what their experiences with it are?
Is it a LOT better than say a late model J11, is the auto any more reliable (CVT) than the DCT, or is the manual perfectly ok and not worth the extra for the auto?
Just curious as looking at a change in car next year and the Qashqai is a definite possible😉

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Over at the French QQ Forum :
https://www.qashqai-passion.fr/viewtopi ... 0d515f8a1c

Seems quite possitive IMHO, at least according to the following driving-experience (in France) ...

Translation (by our friend Google, sorry my "French" is not what it should be ...) - and thus I simply quote "

With our qashqai teckna + xtronic 158CV 18 inch rims, since July 13, we have made 4,100 KM.
Val-d'Oise - Brittany (next to vannes) - Nantes - Royan - Normandy (next to Cherbourg).

We immediately took the motorway, national - departmental, small roads for those who know Brittany and deep Normandy.

The good surprise is the consumption, on road and highway, almost as much as our qashqai 2 dci 130, (at 100-150 km).
6l - 7l (depending on whether the trunk is full, bike rack etc… where empty).
I would point out that we are never in eco mode, we don't like it ... so we are in "normal" mode

In town, well let's say it's a gasoline and not a diesel and a big engine and not a small ... (7 - 8l)
I would point out that 90% of the time, we have a "normal" driving style, respecting the speed, (80-90-110-130) ...
The remaining 10%, well when I want to take advantage of it or when someone pisses me off ...

The trunk of the qashqai is 436 liters with box + spare wheel, if we remove them (which we do for the holidays), we go to 504 liters I believe.

I have the feeling, that the qashqai is better soundproofed, (even compared to the petrol version DCT 160 from 2020).
We find it to be more comfortable, (I'm not a keen connoisseur, but I don't think the only explanation is the change from 19 inches to 18 inches).

I find the xtronic box is responsive or even totally responsive.
I have occasionally tested the ruffle paddles:
- if you want to use the engine brake, very effective
- if you want to "drag" on the acceleration, it is better to use the pallet to increase the gear, this avoids "slipping" the automatic transmission too much.

As on the old ones, if you have two children with isofix car seats, it's a 4-seater SUV ...
Unless you have a very, very thin person, small etc ...

The glove box and the center armrest, are still very, very small, but I have the impression that they have reduced the size even further compared to the qashqai 2 ??

My wife loves to open the trunk with her foot… on the other hand, we can no longer open the trunk with the engine on… the engine must be turned off to open the trunk. (Where we don't know how to do ??)

We love the head-up display, indicating the speed, the gps if you use the qashqai.
With the "pro pilot" cruise control mode activated, it recognizes roundabouts and will therefore reduce its speed to 30 km before entering the roundabout, and once out, it accelerates to the set speed ...
Good and not good, useful and not useful depends on the roundabouts ...

Real-time traffic info from the gps, as usual, is m….
I am a tomtom user, you understand better….

You can use the tomtom GO or waze app with iOS wirelessly, (like my wife), it will show on the screen but it will not work on the heads-up display ...

This means either having head-up display guidance without proper traffic information, or using the tomtom GO, waze, etc. apps ... but suddenly without the head-up display ...

For android owners (like me), we have to connect wired if we want to use the applications ...

Massage seats are a gadget, so don't expect anything exceptional ...

The nissan connect app: I don't really see the usefulness for the moment, but I admit that 3 or 4 times, I have used it to open and close the car because I forgot something inside and I did not have the keys on hand unlike my phone ...

Otherwise, me and my wife are fully satisfied with this quashai.
This quasqhai does not leave indifferent on the roads, the question is: because it really appeals to people, (like me), where because it is new and it will stop there ... (in my family and friends, it Even people who said, never qashqai ...)

These were my impressions, felt, to make you wait for the Fred armadillo test which is due soon and which will be much more complete than me;)

If you have any questions, and if I can answer them, I would be happy to...."
Doogle

Post by Doogle »

Thanks for this QaiFan👍🏻
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Check out other postings where this has been discussed
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

"With the "pro pilot" cruise control mode activated, it recognizes roundabouts and will therefore reduce its speed to 30 km before entering the roundabout, and once out, it accelerates to the set speed ...
Good and not good, useful and not useful depends on the roundabouts ...
"

That sounds dangerous - both that really low speed of 19mph which would be unrealistically slow for a large roundabout with not much traffic around - except the person behind wanting to go quicker - and using ProPILOT on a roundabout in the first place. I'd need a lot of convincing to do that!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

"reduce its speed to 30 km before entering the roundabout"
Dunno, automatic braking / speed control, lane assit might be usefull in Iceland or Siberia (:-) ???), but in busy European traffic situations this will get people killed or ... at least create a lot of agression in other drivers !
First thing I will do is disable all this automation ... I drive my own cars exactly the way I like to so, thank you !
Doogle

Post by Doogle »

Yes I have to admit some of the technology employed nowadays, in particular technology that takes more away from the driver making their own decisions and controls, I just do not feel comfortable with and would in all likelihood disable a lot of it😏
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Pro-pilot
You can very easily "take back control" by gentle application of the brakes (or st least that's how the other systems like this work) much as you might anyway approaching a roundabout.
These systems are useful on long motorway journeys (as is cruise control) but I too would be hesitant to use it on a "normal" road
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

As soon as all these assist systems become mandatory... traffic in most European countries may come to a standstill. Especially autonomous driving vehicles will solve the traffic problem once and for all... IMHO Nothing will move anywhere on any road, all these cars will wait on all others to move.

But then I am from an era when driving and speed was still sheer fun. Big roaring engines where a lovely sound in those days. Drivers proud of their beloved big engine roadsters.
Not those stupid 1l 3 cylinder blown engines that sound like coffee machines.
Those were the days!

https://media.tenor.com/images/7df65afe ... /tenor.gif
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

You need a motorbike!