Qashqai J10 1.6 DCI - Juddering - ABS Flash Etc

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MrSweetE90
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by MrSweetE90 »

Hi All,

Collected a 2012 1.6 DCI Qashqai with just 84,000 miles yesterday, it drove back fine and drove around the town okay today but then I had a few warning lights including:

Stop / Start System Fault
Flickering ABS? (comes on randomly may cause juddering)
ESP /Traction control (please see attachment for dash)

This was then followed by horrible juddering, very similar to when a boost hose came off a relative Peugeot. The juddering seem to come on and off, like I coasted down the hill and it wouldn't happen for a bit. Stopped and started the car and it drive okay for a bit but then happened again. This is when I noticed the ABS light flashing randomly, and I think when that flashes is when the car judders.

I have some fault codes from using an Android App which are vague but stated something like

Code u1000 with the 4wd/awd
Code u1000 with cluster
Code u1000 energy monitoring

I will try to get these codes again but any help would be much appreciated, BMW I'm fine but Nissan not a clue :lol:

Bluetooth adapter, k+Dcan, android and laptop to hand

20210913_120526.jpg

2012 Qashqai 1.6 DCI TEKNA Plus

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

U1000: CAN Comm fault(s)

When BCM cannot communicate CAN communication signal continuously for 2 seconds or more. Impacts ABS control of car hence your warning flags perhaps?

However, no particular fault available so it is possibly a case of using an Oscilloscope to monitor CAN data lines

Similar CAN error type U1000 appears for cameras.

Stop/Start Errors often related to: (ECU unable to control engine correctly)
Battery
Exhaust
Fuelling

CAN problems are very rare on this site.

U1000 - The following functions are suspended:
• VDC function
• TCS function
• Brake limited slip differential (BLSD) function
• hill start assist function
• Brake force distribution function
• Active trace control function (control of chassis control module)
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
MrSweetE90
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by MrSweetE90 »

calnorth wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:34 am U1000: CAN Comm fault(s)

When BCM cannot communicate CAN communication signal continuously for 2 seconds or more. Impacts ABS control of car hence your warning flags perhaps?
Hi mate, is it not possible for this to be due to a generic OBD app from the Play Store?ill upload the pic of the faults on this reply. I cleared the faults and checked the ABS Sensors on the front but they "appear" okay. I'm waiting for the malfunction to happen again and then call the RAC but right now it's not triggering.

Also, what's the cheapish way to get proper fault codes and live data from a Qashqai? The options I seem to see are pretty steep, way more than the £20 K+Dcan I purchased for the BMW haha.

Screenshot_20210913-161809.jpg

Screenshot_20210913-161814.jpg

2012 Qashqai 1.6 DCI TEKNA Plus
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

AFAIK the only reliable OBD scanner and related test/diagnosis equipment for Nissan cars is CONSULT 3. That is NISSAN propriety. Anything else is likely somewhat misleading or not able to resolve OBD codes specific to Nissan.

Not sure what the RAC use. However, it is likely closer to the Nissan tool capability for diagnosis as above. Very expensive of course which likely includes an element of licensing.

CAN Bus errors require far superior test tools than anything generic. Not that CAN is complex and corruption can occur....ad hoc or otherwise.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta