1.6 DiG-T ?!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ProceSS

Post by ProceSS »

from the business point of view Nissan shouldn't put the 1,6 DiG-T to Qashqaireason is simple Qashqai is a "family" car if you wanna something "sporty" you have Juke ...in the past was the same - Juke had a 1,6 DiG-T but Qashqai only 2L normal
:geek: QQ TEKNA 1.2DIG-T NIGHSHADE - 2014 :geek:

MikeGS

Post by MikeGS »

[quote="ProceSS"] from the business point of view Nissan shouldn't put the 1,6 DiG-T to Qashqaireason is simple Qashqai is a "family" car if you wanna something "sporty" you have Juke ...in the past was the same - Juke had a 1,6 DiG-T but Qashqai only 2L normal[/QUOTE]

But is the performance the only reason to want a petrol 1.6? I've ordered the 1.6 diesel only because I want an automatic, and there's only one choice for for the CVT gearbox. But I probably do more around town driving than motorway so a CVT petrol would have been excellent, and I'm a bit concerned about the DPF failing to be honest. Also the Juke is just too small, have you seen the boot (or lack of) on that thing, not to mention the lack rear seat leg and headroom! It just doesn't look that practical to me.
2014 Tekna 1.6 CVT Storm White (well if I ever get it!!)...Ordered late April....Due Oct 10th....Delayed until Jan 2015!....Brought forward back to Oct 15th Oct!.....Collected 15th Oct... Happy days
gjackson

Post by gjackson »

[quote="ProceSS"]from the business point of view Nissan shouldn't put the 1,6 DiG-T to Qashqaireason is simple Qashqai is a "family" car if you wanna something "sporty" you have Juke ...in the past was the same - Juke had a 1,6 DiG-T but Qashqai only 2L normal[/QUOTE]
I'd say the opposite, The QQ is an alternative to a traditional family car, VW, Ford, Seat et al. make a significant profit from doing a hot version.Though to be fair 163ps in an 1800kg QQ would only be warm rather than hot.
Qash

Post by Qash »

If Nissan offers new Pulsar with 1.6 DIG-T at 190 hp so I do not see why the engine will not be offered to the Qashqai with a little less power.

Qash2014-09-06 11:23:02
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
ProceSS

Post by ProceSS »

Pulsar is only 1.5 dCI and 1.2 DiG-TI'm not saying is right or wrong decision but this is fact ... I would like order the 1.6 DiG-T but is not available and when I ask dealer - answer was "I'm not sure Qashqai will be ever available with 1.6 DiG-T"Rumors are about september (is 6.09) and nothing a€¦
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I beg to differ that the QQ does not need the 1.6DIG-T because its a 'family car'. The 1.2 is great, but for those that do not want a derv engine there needs to be another option!! Going back a bit, the Primera GT and Almera GTi were both very popular family cars, but both packed the ~150hp 2.0 SR20DE engine. There is even rumors that a Nismo version will eventually be built aiming for ~300hp which would be a bit of a beast! The 1.2DIG-T has been "slipped in" fairly recently, very little info about it until somebody posted that they had ordered one, and a quick google now suggests its also available to order! Then there are the changes being made to the QQ spec. I bought the 1.2 because I thought the 1.6 may be delayed AND I was more than happy with the performance of the 1.2 for what I use it for, it also gave me the 'excuse to the wife' to trade in the existing QQ at 3 years :D haha
Qash

Post by Qash »

This is a translation (google translate) from Nissan Sweden site:"The all new Nissan PULSAR delivers high-quality performance thanks to its turbocharged engine with direct injection: gasoline engine 1.6DIG-T with power up to 190HP means you get a dynamic drive, powerful acceleration and good response. You can also opt for a turbocharged diesel engine for greater torque or switch from a 6-speed gearbox to a X-Tronic automatic with the 1.2L gasoline engine. Whatever you prefer, we can guarantee a strong and reliable performance for each trip."
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
ProceSS

Post by ProceSS »

with all respect I know what is on the UK website not in Sweden. in fact NEW QQ in Australia is available with 2.0 petrol engine! but not in Europe.Believe Me I am disappointed too :(
jumpingjules

Post by jumpingjules »

I emailed Nissan HQ several times about this release date.3/9/14

Thank you for e-mailing Nissan Customer Services.

Unfortunately we cannot provide an exact date when the new Qashqai will be
available, however Qashqais can be ordered at dealerships now and are
expected to arrive in early 2015. 27/6/14Thank
you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding the new Nissan Qashqai.

This
is expected to be released for the end of SeptemberBut nothing. Will try again next week and post here!
jumpingjules
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I popped into Chorley Nissan before, mostly to waste time before picking up my little one, and also to take a look at the Pulsar. I also got confused, thinking I was looking at a QQ, but in fact it was an X-Trail - geez they look the same! Anyway, I digress, there was no indication of the 1.6DIG-T. I wonder if they are having problems with it or are keeping it back for an engine refresh... or even dropping what could be an 'older engine' in favour of a newer version but is a year or 2 off? Who knows, but I can g'tee its no longer going to be available for collection in Sept now! Glad I went straight for the 1.2DIG-T and didn't wait now (although saying that, I would still have a bank full of cash which we could have used to move... hey ho!)