Problems

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

Hi guys, I don't post here very often but am a bit fed up so thought I would let off steam.I got my Qashqai on 14th Match 2014 - one of the first new ones on the road. Love the car but the electronics are starting to drive me mad!1) (which is the reason why I am on this thread) - a couple of months ago, the front parking sensors started the false detection problem that many of you have experienced. A quick engine restart does not fix the problem but after leaving the car for about 30 minutes, the problem goes away. temporarily - as it comes back more and more often. I have not noticed any link to weather conditions of car washing....2) blind spot indicators detect things in rainy weather, which, I suppose, was expected, as it says that they are not reliable in rainy weather in the manual (yes, I am one of those sad people that read manuals!) But blind spot detection should then hardly be a selling point for a car used in the UK, if the detection does not work in rain!3) at about 6,600 miles, I got a message check oil and car due for servicing. I ignored it and it never came back (the car is has now done 7,778 miles). The oil light never came on4) Start / stop system often shows a fault, which then resets itself. No idea if this is normal or needs checking by a garage5) Search app always tells me that the internet connection is too slow, yet my phone is working fine. Sometimes, I can make phone calls using the bluetooth but when I try the search app, it tells me that a phone is not connected! 6) not to mention that sat nav is so slow and clumsy to operate, I regularly lose patience with it.7) the final straw was last night - the amber engine management light came on (manual calls it something like malfunction indicator) and this morning, the car seems to lose power so I took it straight to the garage and left it for the day.I had a moan to them about all the above but judging by the blank expression, I don't expect miracles when I get it back!I am really annoyed because, like others said, a £27k car that is supposed to be state of the art in equipment (mine is the all singing all dancing Tekna) should have working parking sensors at least, and adequate electronics at best. I used to drive a Golf and never in the 3 years that I had it, had I a fault with the parking sensors!!!Anyway, rant over, keep my fingers crossed to have my car back by the end of today - with, hopefully, a few of the above fixed!
New Qashqai, 1.6 DCI Tekna, registered March 2014, 22500 miles on the clock

Eziv2730

Post by Eziv2730 »

Most of the above are very important points. As for oil though, I have said this in here before. My dealer said that apparently Nissan strongly recommends changing the oil after the first 5000 km (which is like 3k miles) or else you have to watch the oil level. This is regarding 1.6 diesel; I don't what about the 1.5 in case you have that.
Eziv27302014-12-04 11:26:51
White J11 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 CVT
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

It is a 1.6 diesel :o( so hopefully, they mention the oil change when they call me back
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I didnt think the 1.6dci was available back in March?
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

Yeah, it was available - I have got it :-)Garage has just rang and said DPS filter needs regenerating. Cost £198, said warranty doesn't cover it. The garage that sold me the car said that first filter regeneration should be covered under warranty if it is "passive" regeneration. Rang first garage back and they said that they had been in touch with Nissan Warranty and they refused to cover it because it has done 7k miles and it needs a "forced" regeneration. Any experts on Nissan warranty around to comment, please?
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

Sorry, it is the DPF filter
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Im not an expert. Regarding cars, all I do is drive one.
Prior to buying my 1.5dci I was told the following by my local Nissan deslership.
Some dpf units only regenerate when driven for a sustained period of time to allow the exhaust system to reach about 600£. If this doesnt occur then the dpf will eventually clog up an need a forced regeneration in a garage.
Some dpf units utilise a chemical injection via the engine management system to burn off the carbon build up.
Other types of dpf have a sensor that reads the pressure of the exhaust gasses, and when a certain limit is reached the engine management system delivers a small amount of diesel into the exhaust gasses to burn up in the dpf, hence burning off the carbon deposits.
The Nissan dealer told me that the new QQ employed the latter technology, and as long as the vehicle was given a good 20 run at moderatley high revs, then the dpf would auto regenerate and look after itself. This would need to be done weekly if only doing low mileage, and less frequently if you had moderate to high mileage.
I would expect the dpf to be covered under warranty, as it is not classed as a consumable. How are we supposed to know if our dpf is getting clogged up if there is no warning indication prior to it sending the car into limp mode?
Im just approaching 4k miles and will continue to give the car its weekly blast on the motorway. If I still end up needing a forced regeneration any time soon, then I will not be impressed at all.
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

Yes, sorry I hijacked the thread. I agree with you and I am less than impressed with having to fork out nearly £200 on a failed part of a new car.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Anecdotal evidence is that Nissan normally do the first one free if you complain hard enough, usually to CS.The technical department, if that's who the garage spoke to, won't cover it as it's not considered a car fault but the way it's driven.£200 is about right from other complaints i've seen.O and the part hasn't "failed". It's blocked with crap. All they are going to do is put it through the equivalent of a cleaning cycle. It won't be replaced.Edit: It could be worse. The mazda 6 dpf "solution" was known for grenading the engine as diesel ended up in the sump.
AlleyCat2014-12-04 13:37:07
Nissan no more...
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

AlleyCat, thank you for your thoughts. I have spoken to Nissan Customer Service, and waiting to hear back. I am somehow reluctant to buy into Pentagon's claim that it is the way I drive because it has not changed for the 10 or so years that I have driven diesel cars! Seat Leon 1.9 TDI, Golf Plus 1.9 TDI, Golf 2.0 TDI (all from new) did not have any problems. Even if the technology has changed, 7k miles is not a lot to ask for from a DPF, is it? again, sorry everyone to have hijacked the sensor thread, I will update on that when I get the car back - they said they would adjust the sensor range and update the software (though reducing the range for something that the sensor thinks is stood right on top of it is barely going to make any difference, is it!?)