DPF issue

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

no DPF light.. just the auto stop error appears saying system error
2014 NISSAN QASHQAI | 1.6 TEKNA | GUNMETAL

Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

The majority of people on here are knowledgable about cars knowing the ins and outs of petrol diesel etc. outside this sort of environment it is NOT. well known about the limitations if Diesel engines taking a very unscientific survey of local people ther only knowledge was the diesel was more economic than petrol. Unless warned by a dealer they would not know such things. The average motorist doors not do research int the inner workings. They compare one car to another and unless told by someone assume it will work under what they consider are normal conditions. I previously ran a diesel discovery with no problems, switched to hybrid for nine years then bought current car. I was not aware there was a potential problem with modern Diesel engines. Not having any problems, but would not know about this if not on the forum
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

You may want to take a read of this thread then if its the stop/start warning with DPF issues: http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... page1.html there are a few scenarios..1. You are riding the clutch slightly on engine startup2. There is a known fix for the clutch pedal (IIRC, its a bit of carpet causing grief with a micro switch).3. In the thread above, the OP confirmed that their dealer confirmed a control unit fault which required replacement/re-programming.
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

Thanks - the reason why I am pointing at DPF is because last time I went to Nissan it was DPF with the same error. Also when driving past 80km/h the car starts to bog which also points to DPF
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

Now the two lights came on. Can I continue driving or not? I tried to drive at high revs but still remained with same issue
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Which 2 lights. What colour, where are they, solid or blinking?
You say losing power...do you mean power in all gears or do you mean it wont get beyond a certain speed?
dani87

Post by dani87 »

When dpf reaches its "full" ammount ready to regen it should regen. If the driving style or conditions arnt met the dpf keeps getting fuller until it reaches critical mass at about 32g. It then enters failsafe mode to get you to the dealer. Red and poss amber eml on. No egr function so at about 2500 revs you het what feels like a flat spot and restricted performance. It does this to try and limit the ammount of soot produced. I have seen filters at 62g and failed to forced regen 3 times resulting in a new dpf. £900 plus gaskets and labour. Warm up to operating temprature befor driving and once a week drive it hard. Reving it higher up hills. This make exhaust run hotter and regen easier. DONT ride the clutch as it loggs a fault and can possibly cause failed regen attempts.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Cheers for the info dani87. One question though....are there any signs, audible, visual or performance characteristics that indicate a regen is in progress? Enjoy the New Year :)
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

Thanks for the info, yep those two lights are on! Guess back for the third time it is...

So you dont suggest i use it for a long drive tomorrow?
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

Can i drive it or better not?