Handbrake in new Qashqai

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Spotjack

Post by Spotjack »

Looking to get the new Qashqai on Motobility next year. From the pictures I have seen I can't see the handbrake, does anyone know where it is situated as where it is in my current Qashqai has been a problem for me. Thank you.
ba757

SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

The 2014 QQ has an electronic handbrake, so there will be a stupid button somewhere on the dash, probably in a really awkward place...if there's a self-destruct switch it will be next to that.
Qashqai01

Post by Qashqai01 »

Having been invited By Nissan to the London launch and the drives in Madrid I can tell you for sure the Qashqai has an electronic handbrake, it is very easy to use.Push the brake as normal, then push the handbrake button, it works very well on hill starts as well.
Frankie PR07HET
Moser

Post by Moser »

I think that electronic hand brakes are rubbish, I had one on my 2009 Toyota Avensis it worked well enough but there is a potential expensive problem when moving off by relying on the system to release itself,inasmuch as the brake and and clutch have to work against each other. My clutch gave up and split to pieces so I recommend that the 'handbrake'be manually put off and not depend on it automatically. By the way yes the switch was in an impossible to see,find and use,it was under the dash next to the steering column.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Hi,I've not got my new Qashqai yet but I have ordered it and therefore done a lot of research on it. I'd agree with the post above in that I'd "push the button" to put the brake on and off rather than rely on anything automatic.Having studied the interior pictures, by zooming in, it looks to me like the handbrake button is in front and to the right of the gear lever, mounted vertically on the centre console. If you look at the image below you can see it has a little red light on it. Looks easily accessible to me.Hope that helps.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I've also just seen this so I think...think, this is a left hand drive version but it does more clearly show the handbrake button.My guess is on the right hand drive version this will be to the right of the gear lever...and it actually looks like it is not on the vertical panel in this image but on the horizontal panel.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014