New Apps for NissanConnect

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
idge2003

Post by idge2003 »

Yeah its no biggy for me as is really its a free service anyway. I agree with others about music apps being handy but other than that I'm sure I wouldn't use that many others.

Brett.

john w

Post by john w »

Has anyone had the so called text reader working is this something else that was advertised in the brouchure but never made it on to the car
Longee

Post by Longee »

Are others having problems with the iphone app after the update today?
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="john w"] Has anyone had the so called text reader working is this something else that was advertised in the brouchure but never made it on to the car[/QUOTE]

There's a txt reader...interesting! Must investigate this at some point
john w

Post by john w »

Not sure korky but defo something in the brouchure I recieved when I ordered the car on page three thou dont no if it is a brouchure as looks like several coloured a4 pages stapled together this would be realy handy feature thou as most of my freinds seem to be minge bags who text rather than phone ha ha
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

My understanding is that connect system reads out the headline or sender of messages. most phones have the facility to read out emails, text messages etc. not sure with this system if the voice is from the car or the car via the phone.
tekna cvt mag red
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Here here on Facebook; don't ever want to use that app, even on my Commodore 64!I recall being told you could send a route you had planned on google maps from your PCto the Nissan Connect; how does one do that then pse?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Using Nissan connect it sends to car when connected via bluetooth.But note it only sends final destination, not whole planned route.
tekna cvt mag red
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="andrewjoseph"]Using Nissan connect it sends to car when connected via bluetooth.But note it only sends final destination, not whole planned route.[/QUOTE]I've still to do this and prove it to myself, but I would have thought that, whilst sitting at your PC, you would simply trace your route on the map and at each stopping point send the reference to the car. There is a feature within the Navigation, in the car, to bring in multiple points along with your final destination.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

[quote="PeterL"][quote="andrewjoseph"]Using Nissan connect it sends to car when connected via bluetooth.But note it only sends final destination, not whole planned route.[/QUOTE]I've still to do this and prove it to myself, but I would have thought that, whilst sitting at your PC, you would simply trace your route on the map and at each stopping point send the reference to the car. There is a feature within the Navigation, in the car, to bring in multiple points along with your final destination.[/QUOTE] bugger, this website crashing often today.I've read that too, hope to try myself even car arrives tomorrow
tekna cvt mag red