New Apps for NissanConnect

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

Hi All,I have just received email from Nissan UK about apps for NissanConnect. I wondered what apps are available now and what is planned. Reply below:Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan on the 6th of February 2014 regarding the new Nissan Qashqai features. Please see the below list of planned applications, these should be available from the 14th of February 2014 for use:Google Places - Google online POI search.Open Table - Restaurant search.TripAdvisor - POI and travel information.Yelp - POI search. NAVX - Petrol station locations and prices.INRIX - Traffic information.Parkopedia - Parking spot locations and prices.Tune-in Radio - Radio stations from around the world.Amazon MP3 - Music on demand.Stitcher - Audio streaming with news and information.Eurosport - Sport news.Reuters - News.Stats - Sport scores and news.Glympse - Location sharing with selected contacts.Facebook - Social networking.Twitter - Social networking.You+ Nissan - Nissan owner portal.Foreca - Weather information.FlightStats - Flight schedules.Quite a lot but most of them do the same really. Personally looking forward to Tune-in radio Thanks

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Thanks for the info on apps Ippopy, a very impressive list, I am putting together a tour n July of France, the last time i did this was a few years ago ending up just North of Valencia, it will be a good chance to run the car in and test as many of the apps as possible
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
BlueMisterT

Post by BlueMisterT »

Has anyone managed to download these as I don't see them as being available when I login to the portal?
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I thought there was a note in the manual saying they had to be installed by the dealer...maybe mistaken though.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

My dealer does not know anything about installing them and refered me to the Nissan portal and there is no sign of them on there
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
jsajeba

Post by jsajeba »

if nissan connect is not offered in a particular country would it still work?is there the possibility to still regsiter?
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

I searched on the app store for nissan connect and nothing appeared! Could it be because I am not from the UK?
2014 NISSAN QASHQAI | 1.6 TEKNA | GUNMETAL
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'd be surprised if Apps are country specific...Search for it without a space.NissanconnectThat's how I found it easiest...not that I've actually managed to register yet lol
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
kawolskijoe

Post by kawolskijoe »

I picked up a new qashqai yesterday and the only apps on there at the moment are Facebook and Google search. Anyone seeing anything different?
2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta Premium
tumasgts

Post by tumasgts »

I changed my appstore account to UK and did a search for nissanconnect and it appeared.. It obviously didnt allow me to download.. When I switched back to my country and did a search it did not appear :/
2014 NISSAN QASHQAI | 1.6 TEKNA | GUNMETAL