Personal Leasing - My View

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I've used a couple. I'd recommend gateway2lease

I'll see if I can attach the fair wear and tear document later. That governs what they can charge for at the end.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Hmmm I can't seem to attach a document.Dan is there anyway of adding the document, a PDF, to a post or somewhere on the forum?
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]Hmmm I can't seem to attach a document.Dan is there anyway of adding the document, a PDF, to a post or somewhere on the forum?[/QUOTE]
I am interested to see this document too. You can share documents online by using service such http://www.senduit.com/ or similar.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I was hoping to avoid that and just host it here somewhere.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

you can link to the web source, or is that not what you want?
tekna cvt mag red
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Nahh I wanted to keep it contained within the forum.Don't have a sendit account or anything like that, use Google Drive for my stuff.Would just be easier to dump it here, even if it needs to be in another area and linked from here.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

does the forum accept images uploaded to it? if the docs are pdf's you may be able to convert to jpg and post them.just seen that you can upload 1mb images.or you can paste from word using the tags above the post/reply box.
andrewjoseph2014-02-24 15:30:45
tekna cvt mag red
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I've done my best to convert the PDF document provided by LeasePlan regarding Fair Wear and Tear to a Word Document and post it in a new thread.http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... ortunately the Word paste function on the forum doesn't bring the photos in but hopefully it's still useful.Mark
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Most lease companies use the BVRLA fair wear and tear guide.There are aspects of it that are somewhat vague and some that make little sense to me.I suspect if the car is a model that is easier to sell they care less about minor damage as opposed to something that is more problematic to sell on.In the example posted in another thread it talks about mileage on a car and wear on the car as if they are mutually inclusive.In many regards a car that does a lot of miles on a motorway will suffer less wear and tear than a car doing a lot of short journeys.It's certainy less likely to suffer little parking "dings", "kerbing of wheels" and general stop / start town type abuse.Considering how "cheaply" many lease companies now mantain their vehicles i'm surprised they have the cheek to complain about how people who are paying for the car look afer them.
Nissan no more...
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I think you have to consider that some people abuse the cars; meaning considerable work needs to be carried out to make them suitable for sale.Part of your monthly lease cost is calculated considering the value of the car at the point it's surrendered which clearly isn't achievable if every panel is dented and all 4 wheels mangled.It seems sensible to me to have such guidelines ensuring the leasing costs are kept as low as possible for those people who will look after their vehicle whether it is leased or not.Acceptable as a word is always open to interpretation, but my experience is that I look after my cars, they incur "normal" wear and tear and therefore I rarely get charged any extra when it's returned if anything at all.