Qashqai forum is better, discuss, don't ban me

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I use tapatalk so look forward to that
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Chortes

Post by Chortes »

[quote="Qashqai01"][quote="SneakyElephant"]((((((((((((((((((oo) yes...btw Mark, this forum isn't just for the 2014 QQ you know, some of the members were here ages before Nissan even announced the new model. However, the other forum (the one that makes you buy a sticker before you can post anything) has a lot more members, and as a result a lot more useful info. Give it time and this site will soon be up to speed...our membership is growing nicely, and the influx of new owners can only help matters.[/QUOTE]
To just to correct you, the "other forum" does NOT "make you buy a sticker before you can post anything"It does allow free posting, it does ask for financial support voluntarily, which helps keep the forum free of adverts (just like the BBC) and opens up other areas, there are three options to membership:Freebie - view 100% of posts that are about the car and post in selected areas.Contributions are rewarded by opening up all areas of the forum including, social, discount and cafA© areas. This is for £6.00 as a one of payment, if you only "want" a sticker then that is an additional £4.00.Personally I welcome input on both forums, but do not like to see incorrect information about either.

[/QUOTE]I can see several errors in this post, to be picky...You don't need to pay to use the forum, but if you do pay, you can use the forum, fully...."There are three options to membership".... "Freebie - view 100% of posts that are about the car and post in selected areas". (only one according to another member os this site, but that may be deleted if it's not deemed suitable....or"Contributions are rewarded by opening up all areas of the forum including, social, discount and cafA© areas"...... Isn't that two options?Not the most hospitable welcome to a forum, IMHO!
Really?
TC3

Post by TC3 »

If I am to be honest I can understand why someone would charge for membership as it is not free to host websites. The motorcycle forum I frequent is run by 1 guy who accepts contributions. This makes you a full member with access to a members area where you can get free downloads etc. There is no pressure to make a contribution and many do not but can still view and post to 95% of the forum. Thats the way it should be .... I am not very familiar with the other forum that is being discussed and to be honest I am finding good info here on this forum.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Cost of running forums idealy should be paid by sponsersif trade wish to advertise then they should help with costs so forums remain free for those who use itPoliteness be it from owners of the forum or users should always be maintainedCharging people to access information is just pure dumb and ignorant, sorry to say that because you can search information on just about any topic you can imagine for free with Google.My policy is to charge people to read the forums then you should pay others for supplying the information
TC3

Post by TC3 »

The forum I am on has 2041 members and about a third are members who benefit from downloads you can NOT get on google unless you pay silly money.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

That sounds great TC3 as it goesI take it the forum your on about isnt car related then?2k paying members thats gotta be a lot of admin work keeping that lot happy lol
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Donkey"] That sounds great TC3 as it goes

I take it the forum your on about isnt car related then?
2k paying members thats gotta be a lot of admin work keeping that lot happy lol
[/QUOTE]

No not car but motorcycle related, and just a specific model of bike

I may have not been clear on that, a third of members are paid up members while there are over 2k members at present. This particular bike was only introduced 2012 hence the small membership figureTC32014-03-20 22:27:23

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I love a good forum myself, if anything these good ones should be funded by the manufacture themselfWe could all go to Nissan HQ maybe on an open day watch them build a car every 61 seconds then go inspect this huge car park they must have to explain where the hell the cars are hidden lolBut I dont see how forum running costs to be fair are that expensive, especialy when photobucket etc mean there isnt no real size to itId doubt wed exceed a TB even on cloud id say at present the trace covers most of the costs then the adverts (sponsered links)I doubt running costs would exceed 3 numbers at the moment so unless its a buisness and admin want paying trade sponsership should easily cover itOnce forum running id stick a donation box somewhere
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Donkey the owner of the bike forum does not allow advertising of any kind. I have no idea regards running costs but at least there is no requirement to make a contribution. It is a great forum and we know the manufacturer reads it as the newer model has pretty much addressed most of the issues the 2012 model hadTC32014-03-21 07:12:40

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

If the manufacture reads it and follows things then id donate myself especialy if they adress the issues lol even acknowledge them would be a start for NissanIm on an anti Nissan day today, my poor dealer going to get an ear full bless him lets hope I finish the day all puckered out and back to my normal self lol