Wind whistling sound is it normal ?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Atif

Post by Atif »

Actually, I had a funny experience with this whistling. I complained this issue to dealer and they said that try another car, if it exists, then it is normal. So I made a test drive with another QQ and same whistling was there. I decided to fix it by myself, because then I now it is fixed or I can only blame myself if it's not fixed. I'm little bit disappointed, because today I noticed that service department had forgotten cleaning aerosol spray bottle caps under the bonnet. It could cause some problems if it meets with cooling fan etc...
Qashqai 1.6 CVT 2014

Pumpkin_Heed

Post by Pumpkin_Heed »

I've noticed it on a couple of occasions, as originally said it seems like the wind noise is coming from the top of the window on mine also, just wind the window down and back up and it generally seems to work with mine......either that or its just all in my head
2015 Qashqai N-Tec+ 1.5dci Ink Blue
allando

Post by allando »

I have Wind noise problems..it sounds like its comming from the top of the window, mainly in drivers side...can it be the rubber door seals???? The rubber door seals seems better/tighter/thicker on the passenger side....????? Please...can anybody help...Kind Regards Allan

allando2015-04-27 12:16:03
duncho

Post by duncho »

Try to tape all over the seals and gaps around wing mirrors to identify whether it comes from mirrors or any other gaps on the body.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
allando

Post by allando »

I have tryed earlier to tape arounde the mirror (drivers side) with no difference...also the Nissan campaign is done on my car...but still Wind noise...My Nissan garage say they can not do anything more... Is it possible to buy some universal rubber seals, and try to solve it my self? Kind Regards Allan
duncho

Post by duncho »

Allan,start taping area around the mirrors (which seems you did) and continue on the rest of the body. It's easy to find out the noise "generator" if it always occurr. Just do it piece by piece and you find it shortly.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
draggo

Post by draggo »

I have the same thing. Wind noise from drivers side mirror.I had Nissan campaign done in october, but still wind noise.I can see some small caps on a rubber end of plastic cover and I thought i will give it a try to seal them up. Still do not know with what should I do it.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
allando

Post by allando »

[quote="duncho"]Allan,start taping area around the mirrors (which seems you did) and continue on the rest of the body. It's easy to find out the noise "generator" if it always occurr. Just do it piece by piece and you find it shortly. [/QUOTE]
ok and thanks for your help...I£ll try...Kind Regards Allan
allando

Post by allando »

[quote="draggo"]I have the same thing. Wind noise from drivers side mirror.I had Nissan campaign done in october, but still wind noise.I can see some small caps on a rubber end of plastic cover and I thought i will give it a try to seal them up. Still do not know with what should I do it.[/QUOTE]
Have you compared the rubber seals on your front doors? On my car the rubber door seals seems better/tighter/thicker on the passenger side.Kind Regards Allan
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

My dad had a Morris Marina back in the early 70's which he nicknamed Ronnie, after the famous variety show entertainer (whistler) of the time Ronnie Ronalde. It was pretty appropriate as the whistling noise that car produced would be totally unacceptable in any car these days
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors