Wind whistling sound is it normal ?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
allando

Post by allando »

[quote="draggo"]I have the same thing. Wind noise from drivers side mirror.I had Nissan campaign done in october, but still wind noise.I can see some small caps on a rubber end of plastic cover and I thought i will give it a try to seal them up. Still do not know with what should I do it.[/QUOTE]
Can you please post a Picture of the problem? Kind Regards Allan

draggo

Post by draggo »

Here are the pictures of my doormirrors.First the passenger side, witch is perfect.This is the drivers side. Note the small caps between rubber side of the plastic cover and chrome.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
duncho

Post by duncho »

In order to identify what's causing whistle noise tape all marked areas and if the noise has gone, start piece by piece removing the tape
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Qash

Post by Qash »

I taped both the mirror and the entire window and got only marginally less noise so I've stopped trying to fix problems. You just have to find a way to live with Nissan's philosophy - it's not supposed to work - it should only look good in brochures
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Qash"] I taped both the mirror and the entire window and got only marginally less noise so I've stopped trying to fix problems. You just have to find a way to live with Nissan's philosophy - it's not supposed to work - it should only look good in brochuresA [/QUOTE]

but mine is indeed quiet now, no wind noise at all. I hear a bit air flowing around Whispbars I installed on roof rails, which however is hardly noticeable when I close roof headlining.

allando

Post by allando »

Door drivers side Door passenger side The rubber door seal (drivers side) looks like it is not wide enough. Mayby the cause of the Wind noise????? Has anybody else that problem? Kind Regards Allan
duncho

Post by duncho »

Allan,
You don't want any advice, do you? I told you what you should do... Buy cheap paper tape or tape used by lackiers for car painting purposes and tape the area you suspect causing wind noise. It can't be simplier... If you feel that thin rubber may cause wind noise, just tape the door gap all around the door and test drive it. I'm unsubscribing from this thread...

allando

Post by allando »

[quote="duncho"]Allan,You don't want any advice, do you? I told you what you should do... Buy cheap paper tape or tape used by lackiers for car painting purposes and tape the area you suspect causing wind noise. It can't be simplier... If you feel that thin rubber may cause wind noise, just tape the door gap all around the door and test drive it. I'm unsubscribing from this thread...[/QUOTE]
I have used tape almost everywhere...but that dosen£t help...Kind Regards Allan
duncho

Post by duncho »

Then try taping gaps around the bonnet. It could be that the air flowing from the front cause noise. When you open the door, do you have foam fillings near door hinges or you can see under the front fenders?
Unfortunately, if you won't find out what cause the noise yourself, dealers will not help you as they don't basically care and also have no time to play with it as you do.duncho2015-05-06 08:33:11

allando

Post by allando »

[quote="duncho"]Then try taping gaps around the bonnet. It could be that the air flowing from the front cause noise. When you open the door, do you have foam fillings near door hinges or you can see under the front fenders?
Unfortunately, if you won't find out what cause the noise yourself, dealers will not help you as they don't basically care and also have no time to play with it as you do.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for not giving up on me...except from the wind noise I love this car....I 'll try your suggestions...and try to answer your question later...Kind Regards Allan