Wind whistling sound is it normal ?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
duncho

Post by duncho »

No worries Allan. Before you go any further with your testing, please check whether you have this foam filling on your car. Some cars have this missing from the factory.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Kev1nDonn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kev1nDonn »

duncho, you got me excited there as I have a whistling noise as well. Just checked and the foam is in place on both sides. The whistling sounds like the rear passenger door has not closed correctly although it looks like it has. The dealer has already had a look and adjusted the wing mirrors but that has not worked.
Tekna 1.5 dci in Metallic Grey with Full Leather (Black) and Driver Assist Pack.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="duncho"]No worries Allan. Before you go any further with your testing, please check whether you have this foam filling on your car. Some cars have this missing from the factory.
[/QUOTE]My car doesn't have this foam?What exact function should/does it perform?
Nissan no more...
duncho

Post by duncho »

I don't know exactly what purpose it has, but owners having no foam complained of increased wind noise (whistling)

linmal

Post by linmal »

just posted a message on body work and interior about wind noise fix on my qashqai. It was fitted with the wrong aerial could be heard in drivers and passengers seat coming from rear when you sat in back could not determine where it was coming from. Garage finally located to aerial the actual aerial fitted was about 4 inches longer than the normal aerial. Not suggesting this is a common problem but it would be worth checking yours against other qashqais
allando

Post by allando »

[quote="duncho"]]No worries Allan. Before you go any further with your testing, please check whether you have this foam filling on your car. Some cars have this missing from the factory.
[/QUOTE]]
Hi dunchoMy car looks like this: ...and easily movable...Do you think thats ok?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Mine moves on side easily as yours I think more important is that it doesn't move towards you how air is pushing it. Have you tried tape test bonnet and door gaps?

allando

Post by allando »

[quote="duncho"]Mine moves on side easily as yours I think more important is that it doesn't move towards you how air is pushing it. Have you tried tape test bonnet and door gaps?[/QUOTE]
No, I have not had the time...I'll do it this weekend...thanks and Kind Regards Allan
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, this subject of Whistling noises and Foam pieces is driving me crazy. OK I feel for the members that have this problem, but surely this is a Dealer problem under Gaurantee and should not be improved by sticky tape etc. I can understand trying to find the problem first by Hit & Miss.So you got me thinking (happens sometimes) and I went looking for these Foam pieces and just could not find them, but what I did find is that there is what appears to be an adhesive strip (softish you can stick your nail in it) which has been applied neatly along the vertical door edge at the Base and from the Base of the Door upwards and it is painted so it must have been applied on the door before spraying. Our QQ was delivered in Aug 14 and we have never had this problem perhaps we have been lucky. This is not a Moan just some feedback on our QQ - Dave Lower Area Pad Lower & Vertical Strip (approx 1cm wide)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, taping the area is used for finding the root case only. You see how some members are having problems with their dealers and I'm not surprised as I have the similar experience. Also, some people are too sensible to a tiny squek, creak or other noise, which was not there a day before. While others would not notice if they have lost the exhaust. I know what I'm talking about as I belong to the first group unfortunately, which sometimes is tough.
The aim is to share know-how and help those who could not get it solved by dealers and not bypass dealers, which should have fixed this under the warranty.

I don't get why some cars have the foam fillings and others not ;) Also that sticky part on door edge as you pointed on is unusual. I have it smooth as the rest of the paint on my car.