Wind whistling sound is it normal ?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, you do not have to preach to me about my comments as that is why I am also a member of this Forum - Sharing Information & Informing ! If you read my comment what I am trying to point out is that "Perhaps" this is a Sealing strip modification that is or has solved the Problem and if the Dealer cannot do this I am sure there must be similiar "Stick on" strips available on the market to try - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Dave, to me it looks like it has no function as it does not seal anything, or am I wrong? It is not very visible on the photo as I can't zoom it in, but I guess it was forgotten to be taken out when it left the production line
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, you are correct I assumed this strip sealed with the Door Rubber Seal - Wrong ! just checked it, it is miles away, but this Foam piece baffles me - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

We have long discussed this topic on Czech forum as there are some cars with foam seals, while others without. NCS answer was that this is installed on Tekna only. Then we found members who had Tekna, but no foam seals. The next answer from NCS was that only Tekna diesel cars have this and they argumented by service manual screen print. Having close look to the service manual we have found foam seals printed as needed to be installed on all engine types of Qashqai. Therefore it is hard to say where it really should be and where not... seems like cost saving or lack of items on stock, or service manual not up to date. Who knows. Dave check with your dealer, I'm curious what answer you get. You can give me a call next Monday, I can give you more details on this.
duncho2015-05-08 10:47:26

Splink

Post by Splink »

[quote="duncho"] ... there are some cars withA foam seals, while others without.
[/QUOTE]
My acenta is without

1.2 DIG-T Acenta 2014
allando

Post by allando »

When it is raining/wet road I do not notice the wind noise.
Is it because it is not there or something else is more noisy?
Maybe water stops the wind noise...
What do you think?
Kind Regards Allan
Florinm

Post by Florinm »

duncho wrote:We have long discussed this topic on Czech forum as there are some cars with foam seals, while others without.
Mine ( delivered July 2014) has no foam seals. Hope next weekend I'll have some time and I'll check what Ducho has suggested in a previous post to see if I can identify the wind noise source ( I'll tape the gaps at mirrors and doors and if the noise will be eliminated then I'll start piece by piece to remove the taps).
Last edited by Florinm on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Afterwords

Post by Afterwords »

HiIm down in Australia and also had this annoying wind noise from the mirrors.I took the car in to Nissan with other electrical faults and they applied there "fix"Let me tell you, all there fix is a bit of tape wrapped around a hole in the door where the mirror wires go through.The wind noise was still there so I removed my door trim to have a look and thats what I found. I then took sealant and sealed the hole and the noise is virtually gone, doesn't bother me at all anymore.Good luck to you all out there.Ive got a 2.0 litre QQ Ti Gun Metal gray
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Afterwords,
if the dealer did it properly as instructed by Nissan, they would apply sealant on the top gap where you put it. Seems not, they don't care and therefore majority of the forum members complain about increased wind noise even if their dealer applied fix.

8t8

Post by 8t8 »

Has anyone had this successfully fixed by their dealer?

Picked up new 2015 QQ this month and have noticed the whistling noise at circa 50mph from the drivers side. Nissan dealer has said they've had this problem before and will get it fixed (although not until mid October!)