Wind whistling sound is it normal ?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Micky

Post by Micky »

Kashkai wrote:Picked up our new QQ yesterday and we did our first trip in it today from Somerset to Ambleside in the lake district and we've noticed like a wind whistling noise from 50mph and above and at first I thought it could be the roof rails or large mirrors but then we realised the sound was only coming from the passenger side and had it been the rails or mirrors then I would gave expected to hear it both sides, it almost sounds like a window is slightly open, is this a normal QQ sound or do I need to get the garage to take a look?

I had this from first long trip at about 50mpf from passenger side, Nissan Guildford reseated passenger mirror seals and all OK now.
Micky

Shortenhauzen

Post by Shortenhauzen »

Had mine the motorway yesterday for the first time , No wind noise heard . Never took him above 70mph and the missus commented how quite things were !!!

Mine also has the foam inserts too.

Shorty
1.5dci N-tec ink blue
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

allando wrote:
duncho wrote:]No worries Allan. Before you go any further with your testing, please check whether you have this foam filling on your car. Some cars have this missing from the factory.
]
Hi dunchoMy car looks like this: ...and easily movable...Do you think thats ok?
I checked my Tekna this weekend for these foam parts and non are fitted, so I made up some parts and put them in place with double sided tape. Strangely the car did seem much quitter and especially so when it was raining.
I have now put these into place with Tiger Seal and took a drive down a dual carriageway this morning at 60-70mph and yes the wind noise seems to have gone altogether (although it wasn't to bad in the first place) So I would say these parts should be in place, I will mention it to my dealer when the next service is due and relate their comments.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
cardiffsteve

Post by cardiffsteve »

Has this problem been acknowledged by Nissan with a technical bulletin and what is the official fix?
Jrdavies20
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Jrdavies20 »

hi guys, brought a Nissan Qashqai N - TEC + DCI black 65 plate and im having trouble with the wind like noise however the noise seems to be coming from the back passengers door this is very annoying !!!! PLEASE HELP!!!. Thanks in Advances Jack.
Iceman2010
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Iceman2010 »

Recently purchased a 20 j11 and have the foam inserts but both side appear to be angling and not fitted as close as possible towards the door. Are they supposed to be fitted square or at an angle? They can easily be push via the gap in the bonnet and could well have just moved over time. I did notice the same thing on all the qashqais I looked at so don’t know how it’s actually meant to be.