It's HERE!!!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

OK...I've just seen my first 2014 QQ on the road...mine :-)To be fair it's the first 2014 QQ I've seen and sat in...yes I didn't even see or test drive one until mine arrived this morning.But wow am I happy..shame about the weather so I can't have a good go in it but lets be honest not being able to play with my new toy is the least of the nations worries a the moment when it comes to weather.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

LizzieJ

Post by LizzieJ »

Lucky you for getting yours today. Don't forget to put some pictures on here when you have the time!!
There is always, always something to be thankful for.

1.6dci Tekna AWD Bronze - collected 07.04.14
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'll wait until it's stopped raining and then put some up :)
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Wow. Congratulations Kramrolyat70. I thought about you this morning. At least you've got it now. Do you have any regrets about having to have the silver? Its the one colour that Ive not seen in the flesh/metal (apart from the ones that aren't out yet) Marianda242014-02-14 16:35:49
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Thank you....I'm really happy with it actually...it all works well together and with the roof rails...looks very sleek at the back....Loving the interior and the spec is great.I'm not too silly though...versus the Mercedes I've just given up there are some clear differences, like the doors on the Nissan being much lighter and not so solid to close, just like the boot...but lets be honest my last car was £10,000 more expensive and had hardly any extras in it at all.I'm very happy.
Coolio

Post by Coolio »

Congratulations! Hope you have lots of fun with your new purchase. Can you or anyone else who has received theirs make a comment on the audio system? Is it any good?

Thanks!
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Audio is interesting.Says CD on teh disc when it clearly plays MP3 too.it DOES connect via Bluetooth to an iPhone for streaming MP3DAB and all the rest very good.Takes a bit of fiddling for my music taste, BASS needs upping a lot, slight tweaks on balance but good.Notably turning the volume up and down using the main volume control is slow I'd say...and so I often thought it should be louder..but when stopped I messed with the steering controls versus centre controls.Using the steering wheel increases/decreases volume quicker.For me it's loud, clear and has great bass.
Coolio

Post by Coolio »

Oh that's good. Was a bit concerned about how good it was.

Cheers
Kevintstirling

Post by Kevintstirling »

Congratulations on your new car hope you enjoy it I have I now driven nearly a 1000 miles in a new 1.5 tekna in ink blue and travelled on along trip to my parents between Scotland and to Lincoln return over 4 days this week and achieved between 56-58 miles per gallon on the return trip at a steady motorway speed not bad very surprised if it will reach the claimed 74 miles per gallon!! That said lovely stable drive and extremely smooth on 19 inch wheels quite impressive really 1.5 engine very responsive much better than previous engine I had in my previous qashqai, tyres provide great road holding and good in the rain and snow experienced on the return trip to scotland only saw one other new qashqai on the road near Carlisle on the way down premier edition in black looked great!!
Coolio

Post by Coolio »

Sounds great! Looking forward to mine now. Though not so impressed with the mpg!
Should manufacturers be allowed to claim pie in the sky mpg figures? I don't get it. Why not print what the average driver should expect to achieve.

I would hope to consistently achieve at least 60mpg without much effort ?Y??

What's the 1.5 like for overtaking on motorways?

Cheers.